“Great Breakfast Place” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #36 of 119 Restaurants in Valparaiso
“Great Breakfast Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Known for their breakfasts. Their new place is not as cozy as the old one, but they never had enough seating. If you love breakfast, this is it!

Visited March 2012

Valparaiso, Indiana
“The owner is friendly and very hands on”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

Pros: family owned and run. Breakfast and lunch only. Bakery opening in March, but the goods are available now. Gift shop with cute things to purchase. Friendly staff. Quick but tasty meals. Breakfast is delicious. I suggest the oatmeal with bananas and nuts. Opens at 5am for us early birds. I just had the daily special Portabella and Swiss Omelette and it was amazing.

Cons: a little hard to find. It's behind Anytime Fitness and the BMV. Can get really crowded and have a wait.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Processed Junk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Arrived and stood in the hall for about 5 minutes as waitress aimlessly wandered by us about 4 times. Finally she asked if we wanted a table. I felt like saying "nah, just came in to stand here". I can't be certain, but I suspect she was finally clued in that we wanted to sit down by the fact that we were standing next to the 'Please wait to be seated' sign. The waitress took drink order quickly and brought them back and asked if we were ready to order. Asked for a minute so she disappeared and gave us 10. Finally ordered a roast beef club and for another $1.79 the waffle fries. I asked if they could hold back the seasoning if there was any on the waffle fries. Without looking up she quickly retorted "Nope, they all come with seasoning" I asked again, "you can't just hold an order back without it?" her quick reply "Nope, they're packaged that way". Packaged? Huh? Ok, forget the fries... just the club sandwich. 20 minutes later the sandwich arrives. Take a bite.... awe crap this is awful. Processed and preserved roast beef, "swiss" cheese that was processed cheese food, and some miracle whip or other brand of salad dressing. It tasted like the meat and "cheese" spent the prior year chemically preserved in a plastic bag. Give me a break. I went there because I had heard it was good. I could have got a better sandwich for $1.99 at the gas station.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
“Great Breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My wife and I recently went there for breakfast and enjoyed the meal. Our eggs were cooked exactly as requested and the belgian waffle was just like we like it. Hated to have to share 1/2 of it with my wife. Definitely will go back there again.

Visited October 2012
Hebron, Indiana
“Watch out!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

I ordered something that was totally not what I expected or liked, Suzie's daughter asked if I wanted something else, I said, "no just small house salad would do." She charged me full price for the food I didn't touch and charged me for my salad as well. Then she basicly told me, "deal with it". The best part is, I was a "regular" with my husband. We don't go there anymore, they get only bad reviews from me when ever asked. They should have thought about all the future sales they are missing out on. If this happened to me, then how many others has this happened to. I will be honest, for the most part the food is good and tastes very much like home made.