“Great staff just need to clean the rooms better, nice breakfast options and gathering room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso

You added Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   2301 East Morthland Drive US 30 E, Valparaiso, IN 46383 (Formerly Courtyard Valparaiso)   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
GreenLeadersBronze level
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We stayed with the family this past Easter weekend and the place is nice and the staff is very, very helpful and friendly. The pool is small and that area could use some updating. The breakfast is the standard offering but can be upgraded which is a nice option. The breakfast room is a nice get-together area in the evenings for large families or groups. The only disappointment was the bathroom in our room was not well cleaned-lots of hair on the floor and the tub-yuck! So better cleaning and this would be a really nice place to stay.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, May 12, 2014
Dear Cari,
Thank you for taking the time and providing is with your feedback. I'm glad you had a great stay and would consider us again in the future. I apologize for the housekeeping issues, I would like to assure you this is not typical for our hotel and I have already communicated that to my leadership team to ensure it never happens again.
Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to see you back soon.

Best wishes,

Stan Iliev

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stopped staying here several years ago for several reasons- outdated and the GM didn't seem to really care about improvements; breakfast was not included like it is at the Hampton Inn and the Country Inn and Suites, and the GM didn't allow me to stay with my police dog- "no pets."

Priceline put me at this hotel. I was pleasantly surprised by the friendly and helpful staff. The room I was originally assigned had a plumbing issue, and one of the staff members came to my room and helped me move to another room.

I was advised that in the future when in Valparaiso for work/training that a police dog is accepted as a "service animal" and that we may stay at the hotel.

For the hotel being priced comparable to the two other aforementioned hotels and also having similar breakfast food options, I'd like to see breakfast included in the overall price, rather than be an, "add on."

A pleasant experience and I will consider staying there in the future.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you very much for taking the time and posting your review on Tripadvisor. I would like to apologize for the plumbing issue in your original but I'm glad my staff was able to fix the problem and you enjoyed your stay. Please come back and see us again-even though our property is not pet friendly your police dog is considered a service anumal and therefore always welcome here. I would also like to point out that we do have a complimentary breakfast as an option so please inquire about that next time you make a reservation. Thank you for giving us another chance and I hope to see you back soon!
Happy New Year!
Upper Sandusky, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Have been there twice and each time has been a pleasant experience. The staff is second to none. Price is modest and the place is well kept and clean. A bit outdated but being worked on. Was there for a school visit so the location is a big plus.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and all the upgrades we are making to the property are to your liking. I hope you a had wonderful Christmas and New Year's and I wish I see you back soon!

Franklin, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

Staff are gracious and helpful and seem eager to please guest. I always feel welcome here. Breakfast buffet is large and varied with both hot and cold foods. Fresh coffee is almost available in the lobby.

Room Tip: if stairs are a problem request room on first floor
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Stan I, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso, responded to this review, November 16, 2013
Thank you very much for the feedback and complimenting our staff, I'll make sure I pass that along as I know they'll appreciate it. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back soon.

Warm regards,
Troy, MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

The staff is what saved this from being a one star review. They went out of their way to be accommodating during the entire stay, from check-in to check-out to offering private use of the breakfast area for doing some work after check-out.

The facility is run down and dirty. Blinds would not even close in the first room I was given. Second one they barely covered windows and there were parties on both sides of me, even though there were maybe only 10% of the rooms in use?

Breakfast was a joke. Could have done better going to Dennys.

Overall, NOT Platinum member recommended.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for taking the time and providing us with your feedback. I'm glad our staff made a good impression on you-service is our top priority here at the Courtyard Valparaiso. I'm also excited to let you know that we are in the process of updating our property so I hope you are pleasantly surprised next time you stay with us. Thank you for your business and loyalty.

Fremont, California
2,451 reviews 2,451 reviews
1,411 helpful votes 1,411 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

We stayed there twice - once at the start of our trip in September and then 3 1/2 weeks later at the end of our trip. The location is very good if you want to go to Valparaiso University - many years ago my uncle had helped to put in the stained glass windows at the chapel there and I found this location to be perfect to drive over for morning services with the students there as well as see the stained glass windows and the history museum in the basement of the chapel.

The rooms were comfortable and it was nice to have both a Bob Evans andr fast food like Wendy's nearby. The first time I got in at 11:00 p.m so I went to Wendys. and the 2nd got in about 4:00 p.m. Both times check-in and check-out service was excellent and friendly. I was soon in my room. The 2nd time there were great fresh cookies to enjoy (yummy).

The rooms layout were a tad different in both but both good for a great one night stay. Beds were comfortable as well as the pillows. Sitting couch in my 2nd room was good and there was good lighting throughout the room. Housekeeping services is good.....

I ate breakfast there one morning - the price was more reasonable than Bob Evans since it includes juice, coffee, and many good breakfast items. For quality, Bob Evans next door was better. Either however would work well.

I did not use the swimming pool but it looked enjoyable (just doing too much sight seeing to swim.).

The free parking by your rooms was good. Both times I had a first floor room which worked out great......

Yeah - the hotel might have been there for a few years but overall its a good place to stay close by the major highways to get you to other places in Indiana.

On my 2nd time there it felt like I was coming home (meaning I was happy to see the place). If I am in the Valparaiso area again, I would not hesitate to book a room at this friendly happy hotel.

The brochures on the Indiana Sand Dunes area were helpful in getting me there quickly....and the information on local attractions was ok.

Room Tip: Get a room on the first floor if possible. Smile - you'll find this place to have a good staff...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and our hotel felt like home when you came back the second time-this means a lot to us. We really appreciate your business and loyalty to us and I hope next time you are in town you take some time and enjoy the pool as well. Take care and hope to see you back soon.

Wheeling, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

This property could use a refresh, but it's in pretty good shape. Pool is a little small but fine. Room was big and in good shape. Loved the whirlpool in the room! Only courtyard I've been to with a buffet (for a small fee) instead of the Bistro. Overall a decent property!

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
I appreciate you taking the time and providing us with your feedback-this is how we learn and get better! I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate you choosing us for your lodging needs. We know that you have many options so we feel privileged that you decided to stay with us. We hope to see you again next time you are in town and greet you with a warm cookie and hot apple cider at the front desk.

Warm regards,

Stan Iliev

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Valparaiso? Share your experiences!