“Great Choice in Valparaiso” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book a Business Package
Ranked #3 of 7 Hotels in Valparaiso
Paoli, Indiana
“Great Choice in Valparaiso”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This property is in a great location for whatever brings you to Valparaiso. It is literally just two minutes to campus, so if you're in town for a VU function, this is the place to stay. Front desk staff members were very friendly and helpful, and the property is clean and well-maintained. Beds were comfortable and even though the hotel was full on our first night there, noise was not a problem.

The complimentary breakfast was a little below average for a Country Inn & Suites property (oatmeal barely warm, only plastic juice glasses, inconvenient placement of items, and extremely crowded SMALL dining room), but that's not a deal-breaker for me.

Having stayed at other nearby hotels in Valpo, I would have to say that for the value and level of service received, this is a very good choice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Derrick L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
ksfmom,

Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Valparaiso and taking time to review our hotel! We are certainly glad to hear that enjoyed our hotel and had great rest while here.

I am sorry the breakfast was not on par with other Country Inn and Suites. I appreciate the feedback and will look to improve the breakfast.

I hope to see you again in the future and thank you again for reviwing our property.

Have a great day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Bellevue, Wisconsin, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

Passing through on Memorial Day weekend we booked online and got a great room for 5000 points + $65. Check in was smooth and room was very clean. Breakfast lived up to the quality expected and often provided by CI&S's. Will stay here again on a trip through the area.

Nice restaurant selection nearby as well!

Room Tip: The two queens is a bit small when traveling with kids.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Derrick L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
AdamGBWI,

I happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Club Carlson is a wonderful program and the bonuses are great. We appreciate the feedback on your stay and look forward to seeing you again in the future!
littleton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had the good fortune to spend a weekend at this hotel while I attended a wedding at the University. The service at this hotel is amazing! The front desk people and manager, Derrick, are eager to do anything they can to accommodate you. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Valparasio area!

Room Tip: From what I could see there ARE no bad rooms! :)
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Derrick L, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, responded to this review, November 6, 2012
Msfighter,

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us! We hope to see you again in the future when you're back in the area.
Mount Pleasant, Pa. USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

Our rooms were reserved a month in advance by my brother. We traveled 11 hours to get there. I am a widow and was there with my sister and brother in law to celebrate my brother and sister in laws 50th anniversary who lives in Indiana. We were to have rooms side by side but I got sent upstairs. That was a disaster...the bus load of Chinese were out in the hall making so much noise and talking in Chinese. I was up most of the night. I know you gave me a reduction in the price but I think it should have been more than what you gave me for the hastle that I went through. I am 75 years old. I do have to tell you that the room was very comfortable and nicely decorated. You put out a very nice breakfast for your guests and I did enjoy that until the Chinese gang came in and they just took over the whole place so we left. The second morning, we had to leave at 6am to start for Pa. as it is an 11 hour drive home so did not get to eat. breakfast. .

Room Tip: I would recommend your place to all travelers to stay there. If it was not for the mix up with the r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Derrick L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Carlson, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Hello Eleanor,

I am glad that you found our rooms to be comfortable and that you would stay here again! It's always nice to see familiar faces.

I am truly sorry about not being able to keep you near your family during stay. I am also sorry about the noise levels throughout the hotel.

Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel and share your experience with me.
Martinez, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Just a hidden treasure of a good, clean, well-run hotel with a manager who gives a damn. Best bang for the buck. Convient to highways to get to Chicago or the South Shore Railroad ( an electric inter-urban), as well as East. Beats Chicago rates and, if you like, you can access Chicago via either expressway, tollway/skybridge, or rhe old Route U.S. 41 which you pickup to the west, or via I-80/94; old Rt. 41 takes you on South Lake Shore Drive to Lake Shore Drive along Chicago's lakefront (Very nice drive): That makes staying in Valpo. even more attractive. Also, very close to the Indiana Dunes State Park as well as The Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore. I've been staying there every trip I make to NW Indiana as I don't like the other hotels in Valpo., it's close to Chicago, amd the staff is freindly and helpful. Much nicer than a room I paid much more for at the O'hare Airport Hilton for two nights recently. No problem/no hassle hotel. And, it's quiet and has great beds. Stay there, you'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Just expect that you will be very happy with this hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

Upon arrival we were exhausted and the front desk girl Ashley went above and beyond for us upon our arrival and our entire stay. It's a nice change to stay somewhere where hospitality is #1. Great stay, the only complaint I have is, while the staff was friendly, I felt there wasn't enough staff. There was not a breakfast attendant the entire time we were there and when walking up to the front desk, you could see that the front desk person was ALWAYS in the back folding laundry or a sign was out on the counter because the 1 staff member on duty was away from the desk helping another guest. Definately under-staffed but other than that the room was GREAT, the employees were WONDERFUL (just need more of them) and we will be returning.

Room Tip: great place to stay I am sure any room would be great.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

The Country Inn & Suites was great for the long weekend we had in Valparaiso. The staff was very professional, courteous, accommodating, and pleasant. The rooms were up-to-date, clean, and quiet. We were right next to the elevator, but couldn't hear it when in our room.
The room had plenty of space for two double beds. Nice desk, extra chair, two beds, and big cradenza with a flat-screen TV, microwave and mini-fridge. Hair dryer in each room.
Only complaints is that water pressure on the third floor wasn't great, and the hot tub was more like bath-water.
I was very impressed with this affordable hotel! Very affordable, and with the great variety in breakfast items, large rooms and cleanliness, it was a great value!!

Room Tip: Third floor you will wait for an elevator, but stairs on each side of hotel aren't too far from...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Country Inn & Suites by Carlson? Share your experiences!