“Don't pull in the parking lot” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 119 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Refined Comfort Food.We are closed on Monday. Restaurant hours are Tuesday- Sunday 11am to 9pm and Sunday we are open for Brunch from 10am to 2pm. Bow Bar hours: Tuesday -Saturday 11am to 11pm. Featuring live music every Friday from 8pm to 11pm in the Bow Bar.
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Don't pull in the parking lot”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

Over priced for half portions. Buffet ran out of food after I placed my order and I was told to get there earlier. It was 6:30!!!

• Visited April 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

“Great food!! But the price is ridiculously expensive.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

Yes! I love their turkey, best I've ever had. But be ware their menu is not correct!! What is this all about. Think their new owners are reaching out to rob the people of Northwest Indiana. Sorry! we are not as stupid as they think we are. Sorry! but our group will not be back. Also, noticed that the restaurant has lost their lunch crowd.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best Turkey Around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

Strongbows always has the best turkey dishes around (along with other consistently good meals as well) They only served fresh-carved turkey, nothing frozen. Reasonably priced as well. we dine here several times a year and are never disappointed. The garlic/blu cheese house dressing is to die for.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Nice to see the new menu”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Today was our fourth visit to Strongbow under new ownership and new menu. Enjoy the new choices and traditional menu. Turkey selections from dinners to sandwiches have be excellent. I tried the turkey lasagna and was surprised at how tasty it was and will order it again. Husband tried the turkey fries and thought they tasted like chicken gizzards... I am not that brave. On another occasion my husband had prime rib and he said it was superb. Three out of the four times we have eaten in the Bow Bar, great atmosphere, but if they are busy it is difficult to carry on a decent conversion. We would highly recommend Strongbow's with all the changes.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Dayton, Ohio
“Very disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

I'm a Valparaiso native, and I've never had a bad experience at Strongbow's until last night. I was there with a group of family members for dinner. It took 2-1/2 hours from sitting down until we *finally* got the bill. The waitress eventually admitted that she hadn't put the order in when she should have - I'm not sure what that meant - shouldn't that have been immediately after we ordered? When our food was finally served, it was generally good, with two exceptions: (1) one member of our party is gluten-intolerant, and Strongbow's formerly wonderful gluten-free rolls were described as being "like eating a sponge, a slightly burned sponge with a fishy undertaste", (2) two of us ordered the turkey schnitzel - it wasn't until later that I realized what was wrong with mine: they'd neglected to serve the gravy that goes with it.

At the end, we waited and waited to get the bill, only to be told that the computers had crashed and were rebooting, and that they couldn't tell us how much we owed. Why they didn't seem to grasp how unhappy we were and just figure it out by hand is beyond me. They *finally* produced a bill after we got up to leave and put our coats on. It's actually weird that it worked that way...

Through it all the wait staff showed none of the old Strongbow graciousness. I was really expecting to get a visit from the manager to apologize for the mishaps, because that's the kind of place that Strongbow's was before the ownership change, but apparently not anymore. Sad. They actually weren't all that busy for a Friday night - now we know why.

A final note: the bakery no longer has the gluten-free cookies.

And one more: the aviation-themed "Wild Blue Yonder" lounge (with the view of Neuschwanstein Castle) is gone. The new owners built a new bar area - it has the ambiance of a hospital waiting room (to quote a member of our party).

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere