“Authentic” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Restaurante don Quijote is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Michigan Ave.
Description: Don Quijote Restaurant, the heart of Spain in the heart of Valparaiso. We have been ahead of the "Tapas" trend for the last 26 years!! Serving Spanish cuisine since 1985 and featuring over two dozen different tapas, including, Octopus, Galician style meat pastries and the traditional "Tortilla Espanola", Spanish potato omelet. Our menu doesn"t stop there,but goes on to feature an array of tantalizing entrees, from fresh seafood, like Swordfish and Salmon to succulent Castilian style roast Lamb. The food is sure to please and fortify any traveler who might be roming the countryside. The National dish of Spain is the Paella, and we offer four different versions: Marinera, Vegetarian, Black and Valenciana. Delicious Homemade desserts round out our extensive menu. Our decor, complete with street lamps an a fountain, will transport you, to any out door cafe in Spain. "INDIANA'S ONLY SPANISH RESTAURANT"
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Authentic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Carlos and Elena bring the best of Spain to Valpo diners. So gracious and hospitable and the menu caters to all tastes. There is often entertainment for dining pleasure tho the food is enough to entertain your palate. Love the Sangria, too!

Long Beach, California
“Wonderful Atmosphere, Delicious Paella”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

Acoustic guitar music playing on stage enhanced our dinner experience. Individual paella was delicious, appreciated the individual serving. Sangria was blended and presented well, not too sweet, delicious! The owners were extremely friendly, making our large party feel welcomed and comfortable. A great place to linger and enjoy!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Crown Point, Indiana
“Great Food, Also As Good As Spain!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

I must say after wanting to go here for years I finally went to this place. We had a Groupon for it so that was also a deciding factor. The food was amazing. They also had the best Sangria I've tasted in a while (as my mom put it it tastes like the homemade Italian red wine my great grandma used to make). I was very cautious about their food because Spanish food is my favorite. I have been to Spain so I know what good Spanish food tastes like. We ordered the Gazpacho first and that was great, I really have no complaints. Then we ordered the Seafood paella, which tasted just how I remembered it in Spain. Amazing! The portion was also huge! For two people? I would say more for four people. All the seafood was cooked perfectly. We toward the end of Lunch, so there wasn't many people in there, which I like Because then you talk with who you are with. Toward the end, which I assume was when dinner was starting, more people starting coming in, also the phone started ringing for reservations. This place is truly a hidden gem in NW Indiana. Perfect Spanish food, if you love Spanish food this is the place for you! I would highly highly recommend this place to anyone!! The servers were also great and very personable, which helps!

Oh I also forgot I had the flan... also very good!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“Good Spanish Restaurant in Valpo”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

We were staying in the area and went had dinner here last week. I thought the food was good, not great. The bread was stale and special squid steak dish was not good. However, my husband's fish dish was tasty and the chicken croquetts were delish. The decor was charming and it is good to have a family run Spanish place in the area.

Visited April 2014
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Food...Great Citizens”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Spanish Food. Not Mexican Food. Tapas, Paella (think George's Mom on Seinfeld), fish, great appetizers, Great Food. Start off with a nice $31 bottle of red Tamparello. Tastes great and less filling. Have some Manchego cheese and olives. Redfish. I had the Plato Combinatio. Now I can speak Spanish. When we were there, a big school bus from Chesterton High was there introducing them to real Spanish food. Maria and Carlos are great owners, chefs and friends. They serve Porter County and give, give, give. God bless them. Great citizens. Try the food and enjoy the flamico dancers and guitar players.

• Visited April 2014