“Best cupcakes in Chicagoland..snooty help” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #30 of 130 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: Dessert
Chicago, Illinois
“Best cupcakes in Chicagoland..snooty help”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

If you can get past the constantly bad attitude of the help and proprietor, this place has the very best cupcakes in Indiana and Illinois. Dont take gruff from them...give it back. They must know that their desserts are divine to have such a tude. Try the cookies too. Soup Nazi meets cupcakes. ha!

Visited February 2013

Valparaiso, IN
“It's OK...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This place has eye-appeal, but Strongbow Bakery is where I get my desserts in this area. :D I bought a cake at Designer's for my daughters B-day. It was ok. It looked better than it tasted. The service is OK.

Visited February 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“HEAVEN SENT!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This little shop has become my "go to" for a spur of the moment pick me up for others or myself, a planned celebration, a special "reward" for a job well done by co-workers, etc. They have many, many different flavors and each one that I have tasted is superb. Some of my faves are coconut creme, pink lemonade, creme brulee, s'mores, old skool(just like a hostess cupcake, only better), pink champagne. You can enjoy the lovely decor if you have time to eat there or you can get them to go in lovely pink boxes for multiples or a cute "chinese take out container" for one. I always look forward to tasting a different flavor. I must warn you, the cupcakes are too large to eat in one setting unless you want to feel really guilty!
My only complaint is that I have gone there a few times when they were closed even though the sign on the door indicated they would be open. One time I knocked on the door as I could see people inside and was told they had a late start getting cupcakes made due to a oven malfunction, understandable. I could clearly see cupcakes in the cases and asked if I could purchase one of them and was told no with no apology. I was very disappointed.

• Visited January 2013
La Porte, Tx
“Cutest and Tastiest cupcakes ever!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

I went here with my boyfriend on my first trip to the Chicago area. He took me around to the small towns in the N.W. Indiana area. This little shop is adorable! The decor makes ydou feel like a kid in candy store. I have never seen so many cupcakes decorated so wonderfully. They all had their own little look, and so many flavors to choose from. I wanted one of each! After much debate I chose a Peach Bellini...OMG...it was delicious!!! I came home and started looking up recipes, it was that good! My boyfriend got carrot cake, also very tasted (I had to sample) and we bought his daughter a cotton candy. I didn't get a taste of that one, but it smelled just like cotton candy. I would recommend this darling little shop if you are in the area. I have been in many cupcake shops, and this is by far the best I have seen.

• Visited December 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“The cutest little cupcake shop!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

This place is so cute inside. Every time I go in I see something different. They also have different cupcakes and sweets every time too. I've tried many different things and they are all heavenly. I highly recommend this place if you have a sweet tooth.