“Excellent food, local ingredients” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Excellent food, local ingredients”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Having been to the Valley on 3 different occasions I can say it is one of the best places I have eaten. There are always unique dishes based on the time of year and what they can get locally. The soups are excellent. The only thing that would make the soups and salads more enjoyable is a bread being served with it. All in our group each time felt the same. Only negative was our server this past time. Not very friendly and divided our group up when the people next to us were willing to move a table over and had not been served yet.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Rifle, Colorado, United States
“Great Atmosphere and Food, A Little Expensive”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

My fiance and I stumbled upon this place one night and thought we would give it a try. We sat at the bar and had great service. To start we got the potato soup which was super creamy and delicious. For dinner I had a salad with chicken and my fiance got the fish. My salad was very good but my fiance said the fish was just okay. We didn't have any dessert and was a little shocked by the price of everything.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Amazing food! A must try. ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

I stopped at Valley Kitchen last night for the first time, while visiting Valpo. I was very pleased with our entire experience. I ordered the pork chop and it was one of the best I've ever had! The plate looked like it was from a 5 star restaurant. My girlfriend had the Fish & Chips and it too was excellent. I had a nice size sample of hers as we shared. We had the fried Oreo and ice cream desert too which was equally impressive.

Price was very fair on my opinion for what you get. Big portions. $15-$25 range for entrees.

We had a small side table so had a little privacy, but overall they have a large section of tables against the main wall that are very close to one another and wouldn't have to much privacy. Staff was friendly and very attentive. I drink a lot of water while dining and my glass was never empty.

Overall I think you would be pleasantly surprised with this restaurant and definitely worth a try. Enjoy!

Crown Point
“Thank you Valley for a wonderful Valentine's Day Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

We were very early for our dinner reservation - NOTE Valley does not usually take reservations but for Valentine's Day they did - but the very polite and friendly hostess asked if we would like to be seated early. We said we were meeting another couple, the hostess informed us our friends actually beat us to restaurant and due to the establishment being very full were going to come back. She asked if we might call to see if they were close by which they were, that is really going topnotch on customer service. Our meals were very delicious. I had the Bison special - although pricey - it was the best meal of the four. We each had a different choice and each was very good. The Truffle Fry appetizer is always mouth watering.

• Visited February 2014
Crown Point, Indiana
“Thee Best Tasing Pork Chop Ever...Largest Cut As Well..."Beefmageddon"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

This restaurant had a kind hostess, friendly help and the best and largest pork chop I have ever had for a meal. The poor pig must have been fed Miracle Grow and rested/slept at the Ritz Carlton. When the pork chop was presented, I did not know whether I should admire it or eat it. It was that large and great tasting.

This is a very nice, upscale restaurant with excellent food. You will not leave disappointed that you paid an upscale price for small portions and average quality. Instead, you will leave "full" and wondering, "Why have I never stopped-in this place before?"

• Visited December 2013