“Great Brunch Spot” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast
Crown Point, Indiana
“Great Brunch Spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great place to have a nice brunch! We have been looking for something that had some more creative breakfast menu items and Silver Spoon defiantly delivered! We've been there a few times for Sunday brunch and they had a piano player there both times. He was a great addition to our meal.

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Flossmoor, Illinois
“I love downtown Valpo restaurants”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Wonderful place in downtown Valpo , right across the street from the courthouse. The food was very good but I must say that the bloody marys were awesome. The atmosphere was great, we were close to the window so we could watch people walk by & our waiter was very friendly.

Visited October 2012
Valparaiso, Indiana
“first timer, that will be returning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

Today was our first time eating at Silver Spoon. First impression was not good at all, asked my husband if he wanted to go some place else. The hostess-server was extemely hostile and not friendly welcoming at all!!! In this competetive market she should be retrained!!! With that said, she is lucky the food was fantastic!!! Our server, Matt, was very accommodating and attentive. I had french toast & my husband, pancake & eggs. We were extremely happy with our food and will return. Hopefully the hostess-server will be happy to have employment on our return visit!!!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Midwest
“Very good but used to be better”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

I am torn writing this review of Silver Spoon which I have visited many times since it's opening. I have been there for breakfast and lunch. The menu is creative and well executed but I have started noticing little things that have made me rate it less than excellent. There is a special breakfast I usually order so I know exactly how it should be prepared. On my last visit there, it was made differently, not even recognizable to me as the meal I love. Small things, like packets of jam are slowly making their way to the table whereas before, there was a small jar of homemade jam that tasted like heaven. I've noticed they have also scaled back on portion size which is okay with me but for someone used to having a larger breakfast, this could be a problem. Things are different than before. Perhaps economics is making it so; however, it is always filled and now I notice they are open later. The food is quite different than the regular egg and pancake place but my fear is in time, this too will change. It was those little touches that made it so special in the first place and many of them are now gone. The decor of the restaurant is beautiful and sleek looking and it is bright and inviting. The noise level is tolerable and the service is very good.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Charming breakfast/brunch spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I had the stuffed French toast and my husband had the morning remedy. My breakfast was very good. The brioche bread was very good--maybe a little soggy--but still good. My husband reported his breakfast was delicious. Coffee was very good too. Service was attentive. I did have to ask for sugar for my coffee but that was remedied quickly. I would eat here again. We sat outside and it was a very pleasant experience.

• 4 of 5 stars Food