“Cozy, Quaint, and Excellent Dinning!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Indiana
“Cozy, Quaint, and Excellent Dinning!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Typically I'm not much of a fan for this type of dining, but the Meditrina Market Café certainly changed my mind!!! As one reviewer put it, if you're not from the Valparaiso, Indiana area, it is a "Hidden Gem!" The service and friendliness of the Chef and waitress was wonderful. We tried the Bacon Wrapped Dates, the Chicken Shawerma, and the Paprika Chicken. It was all pretty incredibly tasting!!! Menu items ranged between five and eighteen dollars and they have quite the varieties of beer and wine available. I would certainly encourage all to try this dining experience. You will not be disappointed!!!

Rabat, Morocco
“WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I read great reviews, and I thought it would be good. I just didn't know that this would be this incredible!!! My wife and I have lived and traveled in the Near East and North Africa, and this is the best food in the genre that we've ever tasted! The waitresses Nikki and Heather were super nice. The room is tiny, but it has great atmosphere. I had the turkish coffee and the beef shawarma, and my wife had the veggie tajine and falafel. We just kept saying that this was one of the best meals we've ever had! Travel to come visit this food destination!

Indiana
“Hidden Gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband found this restaurant on TA and thought it would be a different experiment for our anniversary. I was a little concerned as he is not really into Mediterranean cuisine. I absolutely enjoy it and usually do a carry out when we are in other cities. Now that I have that out of the way.... WOW!!! From the first bite to the last.... my husband enjoyed EVERYTHING!!!! It was excellent! The service was excellent... the waitress took time to explain the dishes to my husband. I was in Mediterranean food heaven.... =) We had bacon-wrapped dates, an appetizer sampler with falafel, tabouli, baba ganouj, hummus, pita bread,... For the main course, my husband had Pomegranate Steak and I had Chicken Shawerma. WOW!! That is the best steak we have ever had with any kind of sauce! And the chicken was so flavorful!!! And we finished with an unusual but very delicious baklava. We can't wait to go back!

Haifa, Israel
“Unexpected great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

Went with local friends with no expectation. The tiny place is run by two sisters, one is the chef making sure the dish quality is kept while her sister is keeping the diner guests happy, We started with wonderful red wine (resturant recommendation). The Tabbouleh we had as a started was really fresh and tasty. (The Baba ghanoush was with too much Tahini), The Salmon was very tender using herbs like sumac- best I had for a long time. My friend had also ferfect chicken shawarma. We asked for Turkish coffee which could not be better!

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Delightful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

We are new to the Valparaiso area, and we're having a great time trying all of the wonderful local restaurants here. Meditrina is one that my daughters and I absolutely love! The menu offers many choices, from small sampler plates to pizza to larger entrees. As I am not overly familiar with Mediterranean‎ food, I have appreciated the helpfulness of the wait staff in explaining the various dishes.

Each time I've been here this summer, we opted to eat outside in the very pleasant sidewalk cafe area. Soon enough, it will be cool enough that I'll have to try the indoor seating! I love sharing the sampler plates. The plum wine cooler is also a must for me at each visit. One of these times I'm going to eat a bit less food and save room for one of their desserts, all of which sounds fabulous.

This will be a restaurant I return to again and again, for sure.

• Visited August 2013