“Meditrina made a baklava lover out of me” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Meditrina made a baklava lover out of me”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

On a business trip to Valpo I suggested Meditrina to a colleague for dinner. I found the restaurant here on trip advisor and since I love Mediterranean food thought it sounded great. I ordered one of the specials for the evening and my colleague tried some of the small plates. Everything was delicious and the wine list interesting. Our waitress did a great job of making suggestions for us. I tried the plum wine cooler and it was incredibly refreshing on a summer evening while dining outside. I generally am not a baklava fan but the waitress told us her mother in law makes it so we gave it a whirl. It was perfect. Not to syrupy yet not too dry. This restaurant was a real treat.

• Visited June 2013

Chicago, Illinois
“A real gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This is a cute little place with wonderful Mediterranean food. Their tabbuleh is terrific and their salads are fresh and really good. It was full at 11:45 on a Friday a.m., so very popular.

• Visited April 2013
Johnsburg
“Excellent food and service!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

Just ate here for the first time and YUM! The food is fresh and the portions of the small plates are perfect for tapas style dining. The menu is pretty large. I look forward to coming back to sample some of the different fare!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Valparaiso, Indiana
“New Favorite in Valpo! shhhh! save me a seat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

This gem of a little dining spot is delightful. Easily the best place in Valpo and perhaps NW Indiana to go, esp. for a couple or a small group. The Restaurant is attended by three sisters who work their ......off and enjoy it!
One is a chef, who knows tapas and mediterranean food well. The wine is part of the experience, and as a red drinker and my wife a white wine drinker, there is alot to choose from, yet you don't have to pay $10 for a glass. In fact, they broadened my wine experience, as many of the wines and grape varieties were not ones I recognized. Ask and they will quickly supply you with a sample when in doubt.
I am certain that others have already commented on this place favorably, esp. the pizza appetizer, which is really good, a bit crunchy and a must-have. 7-spice mussels are to die for.
The lamb stew is really good, whole red snapper, spanokopita, pastas, you name it as they change it around are all really great! Most eastern, Spanish and mediterranean restaurants to me serve bland food and they probably say that we Americans overspice our food. So be it...But, this place does not serve bland food...Every meal will be different, you will sit somewhere different, see a different menu (the faves are still there, so don't worry) and walk away with a little different perspective.

• Visited February 2013
Columbia City
“A Wonderful Treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We were in town doing an antique show, & picked it based on website & reviews!! We were not disappointed!!! Upon entering the quaint establishment~~I knew we had made a great choice.
Everybody looked happy & delighted with their food, & they looked like regulars/Professor types who knew excellent food!! Salmon was from heaven. I live 2 hrs away but I will come back!!!
The owner came out to speak to us, & she is as charming as her place!!!
This is a place worth driving to!!
I am taking my husband there soon!!!
Carol Anne K