“They charged my card without my signature!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille

Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille
1084 Linwood Avenue, Valparaiso, IN 46383 (Formerly Industrial Revolution)
219-465-1801
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 130 Restaurants in Valparaiso
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Route 30
Description: Born out of a passion to create a bold, unique and exciting restaurant theme, the Industrial Revolution Eatery & Grille fuses the finest handcrafted comfort cuisine with an atmosphere that pays tribute to the American spirit of Innovation and Greatness.We aim to connect with our guests by telling the story of our nation’s inspirational past while serving them delicious classic foods favored by the American worker. This unique environment, which we call Upscale Industrial, is meant to inspire diners with inspirational stories of both famous and ordinary people who have made great contributions building our country as well as the risks taken that best exemplify Greatness.
Valparaiso, Indiana
“They charged my card without my signature!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

Here is the letter that I just had to write to this restaurant because the staff on the phone were of NO help.

I am FURIOUS with the way that I have been treated by your restaurant staff. On Sunday 7/15, I came in with my family and had a wonderful meal. Ronnie was our server and was phenomenal. Unfortunately he gave us the wrong check, which I signed and added a tip for him. Today, my husband noticed the $51 charge (the ticket I had signed), as well as an $82 charge. I called to complain and the manager Bianca told me that this was the server's error, so when he noticed that he had charged me for the wrong table, he then charged me for my order as well. I was then given to Karrie, who informed me that "this is the right thing to do in that situation", even though I did NOT sign that ticket. HOW IS IT OKAY FOR YOUR RESTAURANT TO CHARGE MY CARD WHEN I DID NOT SIGN THAT SLIP? I would have had absolutely no problem with paying for our full meal and including a tip for Ronnie, however, I believe that it is your restaurant's fault I was given the wrong ticket. Where is the customer service here? Does this mean that if I go to the grocery store and the person at the checkout does not correctly scan my items, they can also charge my card however they choose after I leave? THIS IS RIDICULOUS! I want that $82.02 charge credited back to me or I am filing a fraudulent claim with my bank.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Great food .. even better service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Gourmet Burgers are awesome .. mac n cheese with pot toast and blu cheese was to die for. Live music on the patio .. loved it. Went back the very next night. Service was exceptional .. staff worked together to make experience top notch

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Francesville, Indiana
“Unique, fun place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

Love the unique decor and old movies/newsreels that make dining a unique experience. Great food, service and wine.

Visited July 2012
LaPorte, Indiana
“Nice Surprise off Rt 30”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

While taking the scenic route from Chicago to Laporte, IN we passed by the turn off for the usual nice restaurants in downtown Valparaiso. We saw the Industrial Revolution and made a U-turn, had a great lunch. Wine list was great at $7/glass. Beer selection was fabulous, lots of local brews on tap. The decor was unique with wonderful sculptures, great steel beams, beautiful old brick walls: a wonderful tribute to the American worker. Everything in the restaurant is American made!
Food was great. Our server, Ashley, recommended the pot roast for my husband, the carnivore: loved it. My fish tacos were great. Nice to find out the perch was local, from southern Indiana.
We will definitely return.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“An upscale working mans eatery”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

Service took a while initially due to a very large party, but once we ordered it was fine, food was like most other establishments, decent but not anything to write home about. The decor which is set up as a tribute to the men who built the infrastructure of the country, I thought was cool.

Visited July 2012