“GREAT hotel for Dogs AND owners” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3040 U.S. Highway 41, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Toronto, Canada
“GREAT hotel for Dogs AND owners”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

I am very picky on hotels, and we were very impressed with our first stay at the Drury Hotel chain. It was also our first trip with our Double Doodle dog. Sonja was fabulous at front desk when we arrived at 9pm. I think she was the only one there, but gave everyone plenty of attention, felt we got great value, and good explanation from her (after I asked) on how they clean each room after a dog stay. You would never know dogs had been in the rooms. Great breakfast and internet - both included! Breakfast area was very clean and very good. Front desk had dog biscuits for the dogs as they come in. We stayed in this same hotel on our return trip. I was hoping Sonja would be there on our return she was so friendly and helpful. She knew we needed a pizza quickly as it was getting late. She even provided a list of all pizza restaurants and I checked in and ordered the pizza on the front desk phone before we even had unloaded the car. Hotel is right off the highway, so perfectly located.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2014

We were too exhausted to get to our final destination... when we walked in so exhausted and just wanted a room the front desk clerk was so accommodating. She took the time to offer a few suggestions for dinner (delivery menu is nice) and we were impressed with the snacks and drinks..the room was clean and having a fridge and microwave as standard was impressive. The breakfast was by far the best we had on our travel across the country. Fresh fruit and healthy options for those with diet restrictions. The breakfast staff was so genuinely friendly and did great cleaning. We will return!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Washington, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

This hotel was beyond exceptional! Breakfast, popcorn, soda fountain, and evening refreshments were a much appreciated treat. The staff is so helpful and friendly. We accidentally left our daughters tablet and when I called several hours later housekeeping had turned it in, it was locked up in a safe. Very grateful, and the front desk person who answered my call did everything to make sure it was shipped to us.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014 via mobile

Evening offering of hot snacks was a welcome treat, and rather tasty. Free beer? My yes! Breakfast was good too. Everyone we met from the desk to the food servers was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, and we slept well. Price seems high at first, but we saved at least $40 on food and snacks. They offer fruit, cookies, and bottled water 24/7 in the lobby. I would come back!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stay at this hotel at least twice yearly. The staff is always friendly but this year we felt that they went out of their way. I had called ahead to say that we would not be checking in until well past midnight and the staff already at the crib in our room, and a note to allow late checkout (that we had not requested but they had provided based on our late check-in time). The breakfast is always good and if we have ever had any problems, the staff has fixed it immediately. We will continue to stay at this location.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Howard, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

Showing it's age, the pool is ice cold, deck slippery, windows dirty, but they allow pets, no towels in pool area, beds not comfortable, walking up people sitting on pool deck outside smoking, yuck,railing by side door a nuisance, continental breakfast always sucks

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for being our valued guest and for sharing your thoughts regarding your recent hotel visit. We look forward to receiving guest suggestions and concerns. It seems we failed to meet your service expectations; please accept my sincere apology. We will address your concerns regarding the pool and our Hot Breakfast with our team to help us continue to improve. Drury is actively updating and enhancing our hotels in an effective and determined manner. You may have noticed our hotel is under renovation at this time. Please understand you remain important to us and we look forward to your return!

Mason Peck
Utrecht, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

Those of you who've seen my other reviews know I really strive to be accurate in recommending a hotel. In this case, it's a little difficult, because "it depends".... For instance, if you want modern furnishings, new carpeting, fancy lighting - this is not the place for you. The furniture is older and out of style, as are the lamps, though the bathroom was very modern. The amenities aren't fancy - basic hotel soap, and European-style pump shower gel, shampoo and conditioner in the shower.
If, however, you want terrific value for your dollar, a bathroom where everything works and the towels are deliciously clean, comfortable bed, and really wonderful staff, this is your place.
Let me note that I upgraded us to a "two room suite" for $139 a night, yes a little pricey in this area - but we had family with us, and a pet, so in the end it was less expensive than two separate rooms at the other nearby hotels. The Holiday Inn Express wanted $75 per night for our small dog!!! The Drury asked $10, and the reservation clerk was much more helpful from the start. We could easily have had a basic double for $85, maybe even a little less, and that price was in line with the other hotels nearby.
From the moment I made our reservation (first through the website, then double-checking directly by phone), everyone was beyond pleasant and helpful. The lobby areas, halls were super clean and well maintained. The pool, likewise, and it opens onto a nice sitting area - not fancy, on the parking lot, but still nice. And when was the last time you saw an indoor/outdoor pool?
Everything, and I mean everything, worked. The water was really hot. The sinks (yes, there were two!) and tub drained well. The Wifi was painless, television nice, fridge already cold, microwave working, and our couch had a lovely new fabric that made the whole place feel very homey.
I admit I wasn't expecting much when they said "We offer free drinks and food from 5.30 to 7 every night." Someone mentioned chicken strips and mac and cheese. The kids were thrilled; the adults, not so much. What a shock, then, to find a full spread with something for everyone! Nacho chips and melted cheese, hot dogs with buns, chicken tenders, beautiful baked potatoes rolled in salt and cooked perfectly, a basic but perfectly adequate bowl of salad fixings, with separate celery and carrot sticks - very fresh! - for those of us watching our waists, full selection of dressings, chips and pretzels, free soda and coffee (not the generic stuff for either, a pleasant surprise).
When the desk clerk told us we were entitled to "three free drinks", we assumed he meant beer or cheap wine. Nope. Full bar. Vodka, whiskey, mixed drinks, at no extra charge.
When I mentioned to the woman serving drinks that we had family still in the room, and I didn't want to leave our dog there alone for fear he'd annoy the other guests by barking, she quickly arranged a tray so I could bring my dinner back with me!
Plenty of outlets, though you might have to check the side of the desk for extras instead of looking at the lamps or floorboards. Extra towels and linen already stocked in the bathroom and closet.
The only quibble I might have would be with whoever was in charge of housekeeping on our floor (6th). Not a huge deal, but it's odd when every single dresser drawer - there were 15 all told between the two rooms - is super clean except one. That one had bits of lint and what looked like small trash that could easily have been cleaned with a wet paper towel. Not actually dirty, just overlooked. There was a piece of popcorn under the living room dresser, too. And a couple of long dark hairs in the shower soap dish, which I removed before my wife could see them. The rest of the room was spotless, which made these failings odd. Even the lightbulbs in the lamps were dusted - and you NEVER see that! - and the bedside phone looked like it had actually been wiped down with alcohol or a good cleanser.
Bed linens, white, fit for Anthony Melchiorri. Comfortable pillows. Air conditioners worked well enough that we were cold and had to turn one off. Again, a rarity.
This is not a hotel for people who expect the best of everything - but I happily would trade modern furniture - and yes, even one slightly funky drawer, a piece of stray popcorn, and two hairs in the shower - for the friendliness and extra amenities this place provides. I will definitely be looking for more Drury Inns in my travels!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!