“Priced right, clean and free drinks!” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3040 U.S. Highway 41, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Ranked #4 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Bennington, NH
“Priced right, clean and free drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

This was our first stay in a Drury Inn. We decided to try the Inn based on it's proximity to the highway and the price. We called ahead for a reservation the night before we arrived. We were greeted promptly and courteously. They told us we were in time for the "Kick back and relax" buffet. They gave us three tickets each for the bar service. Now this was not top shelf but the wine was acceptable and the gin and tonics refreshing. They have a buffet of snacks and comfort foods to make a meal. Nachos, hotdogs, mac and cheese, baked potato, asst. snack items and free soda. The only negative is it was crowded and lots of families with a wide range of kids. So we got our drinks and food and went to the peace and quiet of our room. Nice king bed, flat screen TV, clean bathroom and shower. The next morning we had breakfast from the buffet. Eggs, sausage, make your own waffles, fruit, bagels, yogurt, etc...All this with our AAA discount was was about $90. I think it's a great deal.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I chose this hotel because I get a govt rate and I like the Drury Inn experience. I had not had time to look at reviews online which I normally do. I was a little disappointed when entering, the hotel itself is sleepy and tired looking. I didn't feel like switching after a long day of travel though. A mistake...checked into my room and it was not good at all. I found wrappers under the chair and crumbs on the floor. Mirror in bath was not clean and had water splashes on it. I pulled the extra bedding out of the closet and it was dirty and icky, had stains on it. Worst of all in the morning I found a bug crawling on the wall near the bed which I can only assume was a bedbug. After reading reviews I see there was a recent incident which the hotel even verified where bedbugs were in the room. This is jsut gross. I just felt dirty and itchy all day long. I checked out that day and moved to Candlewood Suites, no free food (which is ok but nothign to rave about) but had a clean and much brighter room. I seriously do not think their standards of cleanliness are high because other reviews say similar things. Apparently the staff does not wipe down mirrors, furniture or vacuum or wash linens as would be expected. I am very disappoined in this Drury. Shame on you for this type of service. PLEASE get an exterminator in all rooms. This is just gross. I told the front desk on check out about all of this and they said they were sorry (big deal) and it would be noted and corrected and this is not the norm blah blah blah. no compensation though. Go figure.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, August 10, 2012
Thanks for choosing Drury Hotels! We appreciate hearing from our guests and are happy to hear you have enjoyed your previous experiences with us. We are sorry to hear, though, about the cleanliness issues you encountered. As part of our hotels routine maintenance, all rooms are inspected by an outside pest control company multiple times per year to avoid issues with pests of any kind. Your comments have been passed along to hotel management to follow up with team. It is our mission for guests to enjoy a comfortable and clean stay! We truly appreciate your business and do hope to see you as our guest again soon.
Eau Claire, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

Our group had reservations at the Drury Inn and it was disappointing. For the price you got your supper and breakfast and quite a nice varity. Checking in at mid point of the 'dinner snacks/drinks, was a bit 'rushed', but it all worked out for the group and we all enjoyed the comfort of the a.c. as we were ending a long day on the road. The rooms were clean and mostly the beds were very comfortable, making a good night sleep for the coming new day of traveling. We def would stay again, a good experience for our first time at a Drury. The staff was very friendly and informative.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Olathe, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

My husband and I normally like staying at Drury Inns. In fact, we have stayed at this hotel many times before with no problem. However, this time upon entering our room, we saw much more dirt than we ever had before. It also appeared to be more run-down before. My husband started his initial bedbug inspection, and although at first we did not see any bedbugs, we did see a lot of dirt and some pretty awful stains on the mattress. Even though the room was dirty, we decided to just tough it out and my husband sat down on the bed. Just a few minutes went by before my husband saw a bed bug crawling over the bedsheets toward him! He was able to kill the bug and we verified it was a bed bug by holding it up against pictures on the internet. We immediately just started packing up our luggage and got out of the room as fast we could. We did not complain to the desk because it was after midnight and we were both exhausted and just wanted to get to sleep. We drove down the road to the Holiday Inn Express, which we found to be extremely clean and updated. I am sorry to write this review because I really do like Drury Hotels, but I just couldn't let someone stay here and go home with bedbugs. Think twice before staying here!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
We appreciate hearing from our guests and would like to assure you that hotel management has identified and taken the appropriate steps to eliminate these pests from this room. As part of our hotels routine maintenance, all rooms are inspected by an outside pest control company multiple times per year to avoid issues with pests of any kind. We regret the inconvenience and would like to reassure you that we take every possible precaution to avoid this from happening. Your comments regarding the cleanliness of the bathroom have also been shared with management and will be addressed with our housekeeping team. If ever during a stay you have questions or concerns, please let hotel management know right away so we can work to answer your questions and correct any issues before check-out.
Metamora, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

i stayed here about 2 years ago and had an aweful stay. this time around it was much better. staff was very friendly,breakfast was filled constantly, our stay was much better. will stay again

• Stayed June 2012
Fort Worth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

This hotel was very clean and allows pets. breakfast was good for a budget hotel.

Room Tip: great stop over hotel.