“Customer service” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Terre Haute

You added Holiday Inn Terre Haute to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Dixie Bee Highway, I-70 & US 41 South, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Customer service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

My wife and some of our family stayed in the Terre Haute Holiday Inn last weekend (6/8/14). I'm writing to commend two of their employees for excellent service they provided. Ciara and Cortni were at the front desk on Sunday as our family began to arrive from around the country. We were gathering for a memorial service for my mother-in-law on Monday.

As you can imagine, we wanted to visit and catch up with family. Your employees recommended a good place for us to order pizza and made one of the meeting rooms available so our family could share a meal and catch up. It was the perfect solution to our needs.

I know it seems like a simple thing, but their attitude of service and wanting to help was very evident and allowing us to sit around tables in one of your open rooms was a real bonus.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Tracy L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, June 11, 2014
Dear RBretz,
Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to let us know about your stay. I love to hear when our staff exceeds guest expectations as that is one of our goals. I will pass your comments along to the rest of our staff and rest assured that Ciara and Cortni will be recognized for their excellent service. Thanks again and please come back to visit us here at the Holiday Inn Terre Haute!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

Stopped here for the night few days ago. Amazing hotel. Would absolutely recommend the Apple Club for dining. Food was great. Room was wonderful! Comfortable beds, great bathroom and shower space. Staff was super friendly. Stay here!!!!

Stayed May 2014
Tracy L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Dear Wolfsong17,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at our Holiday Inn Terre Haute and for taking the time to share your comments regarding your stay. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your night and our wonderful food. I will pass this along to the hotel staff and we hope you come stay with us again!
Greenwood, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We held our District Conference at Holiday Inn Terre Haute. The staff was awesome, they helped with anything we needed. They were always very polite and helpful. Rick helped us on Thursday carry many items upstairs to room 212, our hospitality suite and he also said that he would have the ice there by eight when we would be returning from dinner at 8::15-8:30--- he was excellent in his assistance with this. Cheryl helped on the weekend with setting up tables for break times, verifying change of rooms and graciously taken care of any changes we needed. Awesome customer service. Emily in sales was such a tremendous help to us, offer advice it help us have the best accommodations for our guests and making food suggestions when asked based on her past experience with Rotary. This is one reason we picked your location was because two Rotary clubs meet there and you know how Rotary works. Ian and Ciara were at check in when it was time to settle our bill for the entire weekend. Ciara took care of this for us very promptly and was very nice to work with and answered any questions that we had. Ian was always smiling and happy to answer any questions. Jessie helped setting up Buffett and during meals taking away dishes. All of your staff is amazing. My favorite person was Bob, he was there on Thursday during set up and as women do, I changed my mind and wanted the fifth piece of staging added and that required moving a few tables, moving the podium an da few flower pots in the stage that he had already moved once for me. Bob was outstanding every time I saw him, he was helpful and courteous.

Room Tip: I did not sleep there, just used conference space
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Tracy L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Amy L,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Terre Haute. It was our pleasure to have you as our guests and we truly enjoyed having the Rotary group here. We look forward to your next stay!
minot nd
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2014

Very nice and professionals employees. Very clean room and comfortable bed. We ate at the restaurant and had room service. Both were Great. Easy on off from I-70. Has always been a very nice place to stay for us.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Yarmouth, Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

Driving back from Maine to kansas, we needed a place to crash for the night. The first thing we saw when we pulled in is that it looks like an old motel converted into a hotel. The front desk was impossible to find and the place reeked of sour milk, feet, urine, and so much CHLORINE. Not to mention the popcorn ceilings. Also, the rooms were all out in the open and all you got for privacy was a dinky little curtain. The room was small, smelly, rusty, and looked like it was straight from the eighties. The sheets were dirty and in the tub it looked and felt like someone had taken white out and PAINTED THE WHOLE THING! It was poorly run with mean customers and staff glaring at me with scowls for now reason. DO NOT STAY HERE. Kids keep running past my room and screaming "Yeti! And Haha dadimonster! I barely got any sleep and the whole time felt like I was at one of those crappy indoor watermark hotel mixtures. Just save money and stay at hampton inn across the street.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Tracy L, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear MikeNiceMaus,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience while staying with us. Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience or dissatisfaction you encountered. It is our goal to provide the highest level of customer service and we rely on our guests to let us know when we have fallen short. We take these comments very seriously and strive each and every day to ensure that our guests are satisfied. We are planning a complete remodel in 2015 and we hope you come back to stay with us to appreciate the changes!
Columbia, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Property is older but in good shape, rooms are updated and accommodating for the most part. We did think the bed was a little lumpy and the sheets were thin, but it was quiet compared to the chaos downstairs. Shower head was leaking, but we advised front desk at check out and they were going to address before renting it out again.
Stayed on the 5th floor and we quite liked the fact the top two floors were accessible by key card only for their gold club members. Wish more properties were handled like this.
Check in was slow due to the large volume of families checking in with kids, everyone paying in cash and arguing over the $100 room deposit. Never seen anything quite like it. Staff was very pleasant, just a little overwhelmed.
Pool was absolutely blown out, had over three dozen kids marginally supervised at best and running wild. Mostly pre teen age, seemed there was a bowling league or tournament or something going on last weekend. Detracted from our visit considerably, almost impossible to enjoy the pool with our little one. Had a spring break feel, only without the drinking if that makes sense.
Breakfast buffet was excellent, Randy the Manager did a great job with omelets and waffles. Very personable and pleasant.
Bottom line is always- would you stay here again? Answer for us is most likely, but we will be asking if there is a bowling tournament going on!

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from highway 70 side
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, March 14, 2014
Dear 493DaveJ,

Thank you for being an IHG Club Rewards member and for writing us a review. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2014

Last time I was in Terre Haute I stayed at the Hampton but due to new company travel policies I had to switch to the Holiday Inn this time. I'll admit I haven't been a fan of Holiday Inn's for a long time but I felt better when I walked into the lobby, it seemed open and modern. However, when I headed to my room my hopes quickly faded. My room was poolside in the indoor pool atrium. I remember visiting Holiday Inn's like this over 30 years ago as a kid. When I got to my room it did look like it had received some upgrades, new linens, pillows, bedding, however the same old tired wallpaper, curtains, and light fixtures remained.

This is 2014 for crying out loud! There were no lamps around with convenience outlets! I had to plug my iPad and MiFi devices into the bathroom outlet to charge overnight! Fortunately I did find an empty outlet next to the fridge to plug in my cell phone because I didn't feel like pulling the night stand away from the wall to get an outlet next to the bed.

Then when looking around the room I found the cleaning crew left their dirty cleaning rag on the divider between the sink and toilet. The tile in the bathroom was old and scuffed up with a lot of years showing, maybe it was the original tile?

Unlike newer hotels the original analog thermostat was still in use, not digital like almost all newer hotels making setting the temperature accurately difficult. I had to fiddle with it numerous times to get it right.

The breakfast the next morning was so-so. They served bacon, sausage links, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and fruit. They also had some cereal and other items. For the most part the breakfast was ok but the eggs were extremely overcooked and inedible. The dining room like my room looked straight out of the 80's and is in serious need of remodel. There was no sign when we walked in saying whether or not we should seat ourselves and several of us in line stood around until we finally found someone to ask, it was seat yourself.

Personally I would never stay at this hotel again but I have fairly high standards of what I expect as a business traveler and this hotel was way below my standards.

On a side note, the WiFi did work well in my room.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms right by the pool, the had a water fountain that ran till 11pm making my room noisy till...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Tracy L, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Brett G,
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. As always, we value your comments as we strive to give every guest the best experience possible while staying with us. As I'm sure you are aware by reading previous posted comments, we are an older property and we do know updates are needed. We are planning a complete renovation within the next year and hope that you return then to stay with us again so we can change your opinion. I do apology for your unsatisfaction with your stay and will past on your comments to all management.

Been to Holiday Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!