“Looks can be deceiving....” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Terre Haute

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Terre Haute to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Dixie Bee Highway, I-70 & US 41 South, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 19 hotels in Terre Haute
Olney, Illinois
“Looks can be deceiving....”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here with family after spending a day at the Parke County IN covered bridge festival. I am a member of their rewards program and took upon that program to receive a better rate. Was I mistaken for a decent motel?? yes by far,,,,,,needs updated in a BAD way, rooms are small and still have double beds in our room.....can we not get at least a full size? Room was dirty, furniture damaged, shower had drywall falling down and the grout in the bathroom was filthy. No exhaust fan and we didn't use the pool since the room was so dirty we weren't taking a chance in the pool. soda machine would not take dollar bills so I had to go to another floor for drinks, and the ice machine was right outside out door so we heard that every time it was being used. How about moving those machines to a neutral corner somewhere?

Positive - free breakfast buffet for 2, front desk staff was courteous.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
StaceyInSales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
BandSRoadHogs,

We would like to sincerely apologize that your stay fell below your expectations. Holiday Inn Terre Haute utilizes feedback, just like yours, to improve daily. We appreciate your honesty and telling us how we could fix our shortcomings.

We are on the brink of a major renovation. We are excited to share this information with our customers! I hope you are in the area again in the following years of the covered bridge festival to give us another try. Please come see us change and grow!

Thank you again for your review!

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Loda, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

I travel 140 nights a year. The HI in TH is my home away from home. The facilities are great....but what makes this place so nice is the people. Everyone is so nice and so accomodating. Special requests are no bother. The people here are interested in me as a person, not just as a number. I try to structure my work week to stay here as much as I can.

Here are some of the great things about the facility...microwave, refrigerator and flat screen in the rooms. NFL, BTN, NBA and 5 ESPN's on the cable system. Kick-butt coffee in the lobby. Great hot tub/whirlpool. Nice breakfast, especially on the weekends. Plenty of water pressure in the shower. The most comfortable beds. Local and national newspapers furnished. Great pool, ping pong and game room if you have children. A nice lounge if you are so inclined.

I love this place and the people ...attaboy/attagirl to the HI TH...my home away from home!

Room Tip: Join the priority club...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
StaceyInSales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
dennis w,

WOW! Thank you for the stellar review!

We are so pleased to see that our hard work does not go unnoticed! I appreciate your comments! I can't wait to share them with our staff! Positive feedback is utilized at Holiday Inn Terre Haute on a regular basis. Your words will motivate our staff beyond belief!

Thanks again for being a magnificent advocate of Holiday Inn Terre Haute!
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is a little bit older than most but still in good shape. The lobby area includes the bar, a little restaurant and a place to sit and watch the pool. The only trouble I had was with the air conditioning in the room which had to be set at 60° in order to keep the room at 70°. I told the staff and they said they were aware of the problem and are trying to fix it.

• Stayed August 2013
StaceyInSales, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
TheTimMan,

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time to rate our hotel. Holiday Inn Terre Haute uses the information to improve our staff and facilities. Guest feedback plays a large role in our hotel’s continuous success.

When I read your review, I noticed that you had problems with your air/heating unit. I would like to assure you that maintenance has been diligently working in the guestrooms to try and improve the quality of the units. We are truly sorry that the performance of the unit in your room fell below standard during your stay. I have communicated your comments to our Chief Engineer. Please accept my sincere apologies for this inconvenience.

Thank you again for your comments. We appreciate it!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

I stayed here one night for pleasure and found the hotel although dated to be a nice place. i really reccomend for families. The pool area is very nice and has alot to do including a restruant and a bar. I think this hotel needs an update badly and if I was on business and paid more you might expect a negative review. I needed cheap and it really was.

Room Tip: get a pool side room if your with the family
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Trish W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Ryannkc,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your recent stay with us was. I would also recommend a pool side room for families traveling with young ones. There is plenty to keep them occupied in our pool, and play areas!
I would also like to let you know, that we are in fact going to be going through some renovations in the next 2 years, and would love to have you back on either business or leisure. If you see that you have an upcoming event or travel plans, please contact me directly at:812-543-9412.

Cedarville, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed as one of the stops on a road trip. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside was very nice. Very kid friendly with an arcade area and pool area. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Parking is hard to find

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Dear Steve W,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Holiday Inn-Terre Haute. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We appreciate comments from our guests, both positive and negative, as we take these comments very seriously and strive each and every day to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, I agree that our pool and game area is a great place not only for children, but the whole family to enjoy.

We look forward to exceeding your lodging needs in the future.

Big Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here midweek forb$48 bucks for a queen. Rooms were fine, bar service was terrible... When Sandy the bar maid skowles at you every time she has to do something you start to wonder about it.... this place was remodeled and is ok, room was clean and didnt smell.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear skidoo44,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to get any and all feedback, positive or negative, it gives us an idea of our guests perspective, as well as opportunities to help improve guest satisfaction.
I was happy to read that your room and the amenities were fine. I will pass along your information regarding your bartender to the General Manager. Any thing that we can do, to better serve our guests, and to improve their experience during their stay is important to us here at the Holiday Inn - Terre Haute.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is my first ever review of a hotel online, because I rarely have great experiences; I stayed at the Holiday Inn Terre Haute for two nights after traveling all the way from Long Beach. I arrived around 1am and the front desk clerk (Zack) was as helpful as could be. He had a great sense of humor and really seemed to care about my requests (very rare in staff who work those hours). I told him I needed a quiet room to rest in for two nights as I was traveling to St. Louis after checking out. He put me on the 5th floor "tower." It was extremely quiet on this level. I stay at many hotels and have not had many beds as comfortable as that one. The room was extremely clean, the housekeeper did a wonderful job. I came down around 5am the same morning and was greeted by Zack again, he even asked me how everything was and if I had slept well. I asked if he had any razors and he cracked another joke after grabbing one for me. He even recommended a great steak house (Stables's, which is worth the short drive!) while we were having a conversation. After cleaning up I went down again a few hours later and was greeted by Brittney, she was also very charming and helpful when I asked how late the pool and weight room was open. The rec area is stunning. Pool table, video games, swimming pool, hot tub, workout room--even a baby grand piano (I bet rooms in this area would be noisy). I was not expecting a great workout room, but I was surprised by how much professional equipment it had. I dont understand why this great hotel has so many bad reviews. My only complaints are that they do not slide newspapers under the doors every morning, and that the saunas are no longer in service. Other than that I would like to applaud the extremely helpful staff, especially an awesome guy named Zack, for making my unexpected trip to this hotel a great one.

Room Tip: Request to be on the 5th floor tower for a quiet room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Trish W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear LongBeach1985,

Thank you for recent correspondence regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Terre Haute. We appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us.

I was very pleased to share your comments with our staff. All feedback that we receive from our guest helps us to achieve our goal of providing outstanding service. It is rewarding as well as reinforcing to our staff when a guest receives great service and takes the time to say so. I have posted your compliments in our office, so that Brittany and Zack receive the praise that they deserve for doing such a great job.

GSM

Been to Holiday Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!