“Nice room” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Terre Haute

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Terre Haute to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Dixie Bee Highway, I-70 & US 41 South, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 20 hotels in Terre Haute
Cedarville, Arkansas
“Nice room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed as one of the stops on a road trip. Doesn't look like much from the outside but the inside was very nice. Very kid friendly with an arcade area and pool area. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. Parking is hard to find

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Trish W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Dear Steve W,

Thank you for your recent correspondence regarding the Holiday Inn-Terre Haute. We appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of your experience during your recent stay.

We appreciate comments from our guests, both positive and negative, as we take these comments very seriously and strive each and every day to ensure the satisfaction of our guests. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Yes, I agree that our pool and game area is a great place not only for children, but the whole family to enjoy.

We look forward to exceeding your lodging needs in the future.

133 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Big Lake, Minnesota
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Stayed here midweek forb$48 bucks for a queen. Rooms were fine, bar service was terrible... When Sandy the bar maid skowles at you every time she has to do something you start to wonder about it.... this place was remodeled and is ok, room was clean and didnt smell.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear skidoo44,

I want to first thank you for taking the time to give us some feedback regarding your stay with us. We are happy to get any and all feedback, positive or negative, it gives us an idea of our guests perspective, as well as opportunities to help improve guest satisfaction.
I was happy to read that your room and the amenities were fine. I will pass along your information regarding your bartender to the General Manager. Any thing that we can do, to better serve our guests, and to improve their experience during their stay is important to us here at the Holiday Inn - Terre Haute.

Long Beach, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

This is my first ever review of a hotel online, because I rarely have great experiences; I stayed at the Holiday Inn Terre Haute for two nights after traveling all the way from Long Beach. I arrived around 1am and the front desk clerk (Zack) was as helpful as could be. He had a great sense of humor and really seemed to care about my requests (very rare in staff who work those hours). I told him I needed a quiet room to rest in for two nights as I was traveling to St. Louis after checking out. He put me on the 5th floor "tower." It was extremely quiet on this level. I stay at many hotels and have not had many beds as comfortable as that one. The room was extremely clean, the housekeeper did a wonderful job. I came down around 5am the same morning and was greeted by Zack again, he even asked me how everything was and if I had slept well. I asked if he had any razors and he cracked another joke after grabbing one for me. He even recommended a great steak house (Stables's, which is worth the short drive!) while we were having a conversation. After cleaning up I went down again a few hours later and was greeted by Brittney, she was also very charming and helpful when I asked how late the pool and weight room was open. The rec area is stunning. Pool table, video games, swimming pool, hot tub, workout room--even a baby grand piano (I bet rooms in this area would be noisy). I was not expecting a great workout room, but I was surprised by how much professional equipment it had. I dont understand why this great hotel has so many bad reviews. My only complaints are that they do not slide newspapers under the doors every morning, and that the saunas are no longer in service. Other than that I would like to applaud the extremely helpful staff, especially an awesome guy named Zack, for making my unexpected trip to this hotel a great one.

Room Tip: Request to be on the 5th floor tower for a quiet room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Trish W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, August 11, 2013
Dear LongBeach1985,

Thank you for recent correspondence regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Terre Haute. We appreciate you taking time to share your comments with us.

I was very pleased to share your comments with our staff. All feedback that we receive from our guest helps us to achieve our goal of providing outstanding service. It is rewarding as well as reinforcing to our staff when a guest receives great service and takes the time to say so. I have posted your compliments in our office, so that Brittany and Zack receive the praise that they deserve for doing such a great job.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

When I can into the hotel the lobby area looked great. After receiving my room keys, I walked towards my room and the rest of the hotel looked as if it missed a few renovations. There was visible trash in the hallways, the A/C in my room did not work, there were visible stains on the furniture and sheets, the room was not very clean, and most of all the Internet did not work. Since staying there, I feel as if something is crawling on me. I was given a free breakfast but I was scared to eat there. I will never stay there ever again. There is a very nice Hampton Inn across the street. They will treat you right.

• Stayed August 2013
Dear doughunterus,

I want to thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Terre Haute for your stay. We take great pride in our hotel and employees. It is my job to make sure that all of our guests leave with a positive outlook on the hotel. Guest comments, and surveys are a great way for me to receive feedback about the hotel.

After I read your comments, I was concerned with the room cleanliness as well as the bedding cleanliness and the internet connections. I am investigating with our Executive housekeeper to see who cleaned your room on the day you stayed with us. I plan to make sure that she has additional training in cleaning our facility. Also, the internet has been a problem in the past, and we are working daily to try and correct. We are in the process of starting a very large renovation at our hotel and hope to see you back in the future. We will ensure your next stay will leave you happy!

Mentor, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

This was the most horrible hotel I have stayed at. I am sure I was treated differently because I booked on Priceline. I was told the hotel was sold out. Got to room and it had cock roaches all over it. Husband got a new room. No one apologized. Staff was not friendly but very rude. New room was dirty and musty smelling. When I checked out no one asked how our visit was.

Room Tip: Rooms with bugs and musty smell.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear c1nderella71,

I would like to thank you for giving us your comments concerning your most recent stay at our Holiday Inn. Guest feedback is extremely important to enable us to provide the level of service and amenities that our valued guests expect from us. I can assure that all of our guests are treated equally.

I once again, want to apologize for the horrible time you had during your most recent stay. While trying to offer extra ammenities, such as an indoor pool and game area, we occasionally have "unwanted guests," I can assure you that I have passed along the information to our staff, so that we may better combat this issue in the future.

I would personally like to help you in making reservations at the Holiday Inn of Terre Haute so that I can make sure your stay is a much more pleasant one. You can call me personally, 812-232-6081 Ext. 412. Please ask for Trish Wible.

Again, I truly apologize for the unpleasant stay you had at the Holiday Inn of Terre Haute and hope that you will give us an opportunity in the future to regain your faith in our hotel. If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Hammond, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I will make this easy.

Pros: Friendly staff, clean rooms, great location in Terre Haute, nice indoor pool/hot tub, pet friendly

Cons: Breakfast is not great, but it is FREE. Can be a little noisy at night if you are facing pool but nothing unbearable. If you want it quiet, just request not to face pool...problem solved!

Overall: For families this is the best hotel in Terre Haute.

Room Tip: Read my review above about room selection.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear David D,

I want to thank you for staying at The Holiday Inn - Terre Haute. I am always happy to read a positive review! We know that you have many choices when traveling, and we appreciate your business.
I look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Once again, thank you for taking the time to write a review and have a wonderful day.

Coppell TX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

We were driving through the area and planned to stay here for the night. The hotel appears to be fairly new. We had a room with two double beds and it was comfortable and just fine. Our stay was very brief as we arrived after a long day's drive from Columbia, MO and left early the next morning for Bloomington, IN. Breakfast was satisfactory, like the typical hotel continental breakfast with cereal, "eggs", a meat, yogurt, breads to toast, instant oatmeal, a self serve waffle maker, juices and coffees.

We felt safe and as rested as could be, considering our travel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Trish W, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear TexasLCJE,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. I was glad to see that you all felt safe and were able to get some rest after traveling all day to get here. We here at the Holiday Inn - Terre Haute, try to make every stay a memorable stay. I will make sure to share your comments to our staff members.

GSM

Been to Holiday Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!