“Mixed Results” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Terre Haute

You added Holiday Inn Terre Haute to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Dixie Bee Highway, I-70 & US 41 South, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Charlevoix, Michigan
“Mixed Results”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

Recently stayed here while in town for a family event. To sum it up, the personnel at this hotel were very friendly and helpful. However, the hotel itself is a disappointment. Room had spots on the carpet, the closet door was off the track and laying in the closet, the dresser was pulled away from the wall, revealing garbage behind it.

Would suggest staying here, only if you have kids (to use the pool and rec area). However, even those items were inconsistent. Shortage of towels at the pool, nobody picking up dirty towels, hot tub did not function correctly, table tennis table had a broken net, etc.

Overall, there must be better facilities in the town. However, I do not fault the personnel.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
CiaraGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback as a valued guest. It is crucial in our efforts to provide outstanding services.
I would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the problems that you incurred during your stay with us.
I have already contacted the supervisors in the departments with which there was a problem. They have assured me that they will check on the problems to prevent something like this happening again.
Our goal is to make every stay a pleasurable experience for every guest. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we may have the opportunity to show you that you are a valued guest.
Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here last minute due to weather. The location was great, staff was Friendly, room was super clean and they allowed pets. Breakfast was decent. I would recommend this to all my friends. It was perfect for any occasion.

• Stayed December 2012
I was very pleased to see that you had an excellent experience with us! It always makes our staff feel encouraged to receive such positive feedback from our guests. I will be sure to share your survey with the involved staff members to serve as reinforcement of our efforts to provide continuous superior service.

Indianapolis, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed here for an event & everything from the start was awful!!!
Check Inn: as we checked in the lady at the front 'no name tag, very loud' was on the radio yelling at the housekeeping department, she then decides after we wait about 5 minutes that she'll help us, she then would not speak to me just my husband when she gave us our keys I asked what the best way to get to our room was & she responded ' the best way to get to any room, by looking' RUDE!!! We were in room 288 which after walking the whole second floor we figure out that we are in a building not even connected to the hotel.

The room: our room was 92 degrees when we entered there was food in the fridge still & 2 lights were out, I called the desk about the bathroom light & the girl told me someone would be up if they'd oiled find time, I then let her no our whole bathroom was pitch black and she said to use my cell phone SERIOUSLY! My husband takes a shower in the dark with NO HOT WATER

Room Tip: Get new employees
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
CiaraGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, December 5, 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to first, apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel and secondly, for the failure of my front desk staff to provide the highest quality of guest service. I also want you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. We take these comments very seriously and strive each and every day to ensure that our guests are satisfied. Any additional feedback is appreciated so that we are able to better prepare our hotel for the needs of our guests.

I cannot take back the horrible night that you had. I apologize for that. Your issue could have been, and should have been, taken care of the moment you called the front desk.

I assure you a situation such as this will not happen again.

I absolutely want you to know that I understand your frustration with our hotel. We failed in a big way. I want you to know, however, that it is not standard practice at our hotel at all to have our guests leave disgusted.

Please feel free to contact me at any time with any questions or concerns you may have. We hope that you will return to our hotel in order for us to make it up to you!

Ciara Elkins
Guest Service Manager
Buffalo, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed one night and didn't have any issues. Hotel room was average and had a mini fridge. Also they provided toiletries: shampoo, conditioner, lotion and even mouth wash! There was an indoor pool, we didn't go in it but just checked it out. The Holiday Inn Terre Haute is close to the Interstate so in our room, which overlooked the highway, we could hear the traffic. It didn't keep us up at night but if that's something that would bother you be sure to ask for an inside room or go elsewhere. The hotel is near a bunch of stores and restaurants within walking distance. Boot City is about a 20 minute drive south of this hotel, it's huge country western store that one should visit! No breakfast was included in the room.

Room Tip: Could hear traffic noise from the Interstate from room with window looking out at Interstate.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CiaraGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, November 7, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your comments concerning your recent stay with us. Your feedback as a valued guest is crucial in our efforts to provide outstanding services.

It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations and your comments are very important to us. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas as well as provide the necessary acknowledgement to our staff upon a job well done.

Once again, we appreciate your taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include the Holiday Inn Terre Haute.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

If you book online you don't receive free breakfast only if you just walk in and ask for a room. Also I first was put in a room for handicap and it smelled like backed up sewage. Then the next morning the housekeeper tried just walking in without knocking and continued to try and get in after I said we didn't need any housekeeping. I feel very humiliated and villages! Also breakfast was cold and not worth $9 a person!

• Stayed October 2012
Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with the Holiday Inn-Terre Haute. Your willingness to share your thoughts with us is genuinely appreciated.

We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. Your comments have been reviewed by hotel’s management and appropriate action has been taken to ensure a situation of this nature will not be repeated in the future.

Again, please accept our sincere apologies. We hope you will continue to us Holiday Inn hotels as your lodging of choice, and look forward to welcoming you back in an effort to provide you the level of service you expect.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

Waited to be checked in over 15 minutes despite the fact that there was a second employee sitting at a computer in the office doing nothing. There were 2 bugs in the bathroom sink. No hair conditioner in the room. Awful restaurant service. Overall sad and depressing environment.

• Stayed October 2012
Please allow me this opportunity to first, apologize for the inconvenience you experienced during your stay at our hotel and secondly, for the failure of me and my front desk staff to provide the highest quality of guest service. I also want you to know that I really appreciate you taking the time to advise us of your dissatisfaction. We take these comments very seriously and strive each and every day to ensure that our guests are satisfied. Any additional feedback is appreciated so that we are able to better prepare our hotel for the needs of our guests.

Hooker
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I thought by the outside of the building this place would be nice. The first hint something was wrong was when the outside entrance door would not work. Not only for us but three other people trying to get in to their rooms. Once we gained entry, help from a fellow traveler inside, we went to our room. We asked for a king bed. We got the king bed in a handicapped room. The rooms were made with outside doors originally and the hotel had inclosed them. So now you have a corridor that echoes everyone's voices even when they talk quietly. There was a three inch gap under our door that let a draft in that made the trash can liner flutter. The fridge and coffee maker were behind the bathroom door. So to make coffee you had to shut the door. The maid left a note on her cleaning standards high up on the bathroom mirror. Now mind you this is a handicap room. How would a person in a wheel chair ever reach that. There was dirt along the wall and hair all over the bathroom. If you needed more toilet paper you would be SOL. There were two partial rolls that fell off the holder when used into the hair on the floor. The menus they print up and leave in your room were water damaged and stained. The little tablet of paper left to use in your room was already used and only had three sheets left. Not that I care about the tablet, but it is the idea of cleanliness . I don't want to use someone else's half used paper. The furniture was so old a banged up . This should not be listed as a Holiday Inn .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Dear Lori G,

Thank you for taking the time to express your thoughts and concerns regarding your stay with us. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. I am deeply sorry for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay and regret you were not satisfied with the service you received from our housekeeping staff. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible.

Thank you for your feedback and I hope you will give us the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to Holiday Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!