“Nice stay, wish they had free breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Terre Haute

You added Holiday Inn Terre Haute to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Terre Haute
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   3300 Dixie Bee Highway, I-70 & US 41 South, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Indiana
“Nice stay, wish they had free breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2011

Nice hotel, typical 3 star. Very clean rooms, and comfy beds. Nice pool area with a hot tub, lots of kids there, so family friendly. Microwave and small refrigerator in the room, as well as iron, and coffee maker. The only issues, I wish they had a free breakfast like other hotels in the area and there was a lot of street noise that I heard. Other then that, nice hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
CiaraGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, June 21, 2011
We are very glad that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are very pleased to have family enjoy the amenities that we offer. Breakfast is typically included unless you make a reservation through Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, ect. Breakfast covers 2 adults per room and any children under the age of 12 eat for free! We hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Bryan, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2011

I wish I would have read the reviews before I booked a weekend here. I strongly advise people to do that before you want to purchase anything. I was unaware that room service was extra. I checked in very late and desk clerk asked if I would need room service. I said no not at that time. He asked if I would need it at all, I said, I'm not sure just want to go to bed. So he decided for me that I wouldn't need it the remainder of my stay. My family and I got to the room, beds looked inviting, but It wasn't until I started to inspect room for bed bugs that I noticed how filthy the room was. There was a thick layer of dust on door hinges, outlets, behind the furniture and around the edge of the carpet of the entire room. I go into bathroom and there was hair on the tub, inside the tub, and on the floor. There was food splatter from previous guests in microwave and coffee spots on the coffee lids. They offered a guest service book with lots of information that was covered in food and greasy finger prints. As a previous housekeeper and fronk desk clerk, you all should be ashamed of yourselves. I worked at a hotel that was way outdated but the rooms were not filthy. The resturant and pool area was well kept. Maybe whoever keeps those areas up should clean the room. Breakfast buffet was not worth $10, especially when the waitress sees your cup of coffee was empty and does not bother to refill it. I could not take my family to swim again the second night because adults were allowed to walk around halls and pool room with drinks in their hands. What poor managment. I was put at the end of a hall by an exit door that remained unlocked the entire day. Which means anyone off the street could come in anytime they wanted. That made me feel safe. And at check out, front desk clerk asked if I would like a new reciept, I stated that I had not recieved one and she said you have a zero balance. Which means I was charged at check in and not notified about it. What if I wanted to use a different card at check out? I will not be returning to this hotel again.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
CiaraGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, March 3, 2011
I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for taking the time and submitting a review of your experience at our hotel. It is very imperative for the hotel to receive guest feedback. I have read through your review, I am very sorry that your room was not cleaned properly. I have brought this to the attention of the Executive Housekeeper. This will be reviewed to our hotel's management as well to ensure that the appropriate action is taken to ensure a situation of this nature is not repeated in the future. This includes the security of our guests that are present at our hotel. I will be investigating this situatiion to assure that the staff is aware of the mishaps you encountered during your check-in and check-out experience. Once again, I would like to sincerely apologize and hope that you will return to our hotel in order for us to better your experience. Thank you again!
Indianapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2010

We stayed there over the Christmas weekend. Even the indoor pool area was decorated with red and white poinsettias. The staff was quite helpful and welcoming and I am very grateful to Josh. After I checked out, he discovered that I had left my laptop in the room. He called me immediately and I was able to retrieve my laptop. Had he not checked the room, I won'ted have realized that it was missing until I returned home in another city.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Terre Haute, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2010

hotel is nice great pool but watch out they have a entertainment an recreation game room which is for the guest who rent the $114.00 a night rooms but they rent there rec room with little tables out to the public for partys then tell there guset sorry you cant use the rec space an then the pool is full of kids from this party who splash an swim in the guest pool so your sharing your hotel with the public who dont even have to rent a room for the night.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stopped at this Hotel after a full day of driving and found the entrance quite confusing.
The restaurant was closed that night and although it was not late, the only place to eat was a small bar where they served some great sandwiches.
The room was Ok but the included breakfast was ordinary. The buffet was alright but there were few people around and even fewer staff. I had to find my own coffee.. which was cold.
I'd try a different Hotel next time I was traveling through Terre Haute.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Indianapolis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2010

This hotel has the best pool and activity center of any hotel in the Terre Haute area that I have found. However, all of the rooms around the pool are small and do not have any outside windows. Instead the windows look out into the hallway, or directly into the Holidome. If you want any privacy then the curtains have to be closed, which makes you feel like you are staying in a cave. There are rooms in the upper floors (3-5) that are slightly separated from the Holidome, which have a window to the outside world. I would definitely recommend those if you are looking for a little more privacy. Morning breakfast was very good.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
chicago, illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

Even though i am a gold priority club member and booked for 3 weeks i was sent to the "other" building and charged over $100 a night. The room was dingy with mold in the corners of the bathroom, rust on the closet rod, outdated plumbing, a drop ceiling in the bathroom and a pot light overhead in the shower that fell out when i bumped it while showering, exposing bare wires while i stood in the wet tub. The tv waz an old tube type and the AC ran all day anx night without cooling the room. I woke up ea h night in a sweat because the room was so warm. The frontdesk person said, "well the building is over 50 years old".

• Stayed September 2010
CiaraGSM, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, September 30, 2010
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. A sincere apology from the experence that you had. Yes the hotel is almost 50 years old, but no that is not an excuse. We are in the process of remodeling the hotel. We renovated around 6 years ago as well. Your experience at out hotel was totally unacceptable. We administered the problem as soon as we were aware of the condition that the room was in. I do hope that you come and see us again as we are improving our hotel. Thank you again!

Been to Holiday Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!