“Best value in competitive area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3053 S US Highway 41, US Hwy 41 at Margaret Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47802 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
“Best value in competitive area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012 via mobile

On an exit with no less than 8 other hotel choices-this hotel was the perfect balance of comfort and price-slightly higher than the cheapest places, but more affordable than Drury, Hampton, etc., with comparable comfort. This is an older hotel with updates, but the bed was surprisingly good and the room was clean. The staff, both night and day were friendly and enthusiastic. They even let me fill up my cooler from the ice machine. They have a pool and breakfast-but i didnt utilize either service. This is not a resort by any means, but just needing a place where I can sleep comfortably for a great price-I wish there were hotels equivelant to this in every town.

• Stayed June 2012
Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I am glad that you were pleased with your decision to stay with us during your recent visit to Terre Haute, Indiana. Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience and rating. We look forward to our next oppurtunity to serve you with pleasant and comfortable accomodations and service on future visits.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Scott, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

We had three rooms on May 26, 2012. One of the rooms had no air conditioning. Despite a call to the front desk, no one ever came to look at it. None of the rooms had hot water in the showers. Another guest told us that he had been there for four days and never had hot water ... so it is clearly a hotel-wide problem. The breakfast in the morning was poor ... runny gravy over biscuits. We brought all of these concerns to the front desk upon checkout and were greeted with a blank stare. Obviously, they had no intention to do anything about it. Even at $44.55 per room, it is not a bargain. WE WILL NOT STAY THERE AGAIN!

Room Tip: Pick a different hotel. There are lots of other choices in the immediate vicinity.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
veeshp24, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Let me start by thanking you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites Terre Haute. Regarding your recent stay at our property, I want to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. We strive to ensure that each and every guest experience is satisfying. Please know that we are taking your feedback to heart and focusing on improving. It is our hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Central Maine
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2012

When we arrived, a guest was demanding that she be given a room in which the AC worked. It worked fine in our room, but that wasn't true of the lamp on the desk. Then I noticed that the wall outlet had a six plug adapter into which was plugged the TV, refrigerator, microwave, and coffee pot. The overload didn't really matter, as the microwave didn't work. But then there was another wire without a plug, just black tape over the end. I could feel the springs in the mattress. At 9:00 a.m.there was small choice left on the "full breakfast" bar.When we checked out, a guest was demanding a refund as there was an exposed wire where her toddler couild have made contact.
We won't go back

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We are very sorry that you had a bad experience at our Hotel. It is our goal to provide a safe, functional, & clean environment for guests, like you staying in Terre Haute, IN. We are taking your comments very seriously and the issues you have mentioned have been addressed promptly. We understand your hesitation to return, but hope that you will consider Americas Best Value Inn & Suites again.
Temple Hills, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2012

I drove from MD to IN to pick up my daughter from college. That's 12 hours with construction and rush hour traffic. Needless to say, when I got to IN, I was way past tired.

Now, let's get the one somewhat negative thing out of the way - I didn't get the room I paid for with 2 double beds, instead I got one king. Now, the front desk clerk was very apologetic and offered to help me get a refund and find another room, blah-blah...thank God for her but NO--I was too tired for that.

Staff was excellent --very helpful and accommodating. The hallways and stairwells were clean and well-kept. The guest rooms, while not upgraded, were clean and the beds and pillows were very comfortable. My room had a fridge and a microwave--an unexpected surprise. Breakfast was wonderful! There were egg and cheese omeletts and bacon and biscuits which were kept hot in a crock pot beside another crock pot full of hot sausage gravy. There was also the norm items - bread, pastries, cereal, juices, etc. The person maintaining the breakfast was very conscientious about replenishing food and the condition of the area. I wish management from that Sandusky hotel I stayed in last week (4/29/12) would take a page from ABV's manual. BTW - I paid $55 per night from Hotels.com. My room was so comfortable, I spent most of Saturday morning chilling.

This hotel is literally steps away from a Bob Evans, a Marathon gas station, Starbuck's, iHop, a Chinese-food buffet (good food there), and a Texas-style resturant for which you can get 10% off your meal with a card from the front desk. It's 3 miles from the University but it's literally one light from I-70. There's a mall, Wal-greens, and endless shopping just beyond I-70.

This was a great stay. I'd definately go back but I want to try something different next time.

Room Tip: If you book using Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, etc., call and verify your room selection; especia...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
New Lenox, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2012

I would like to say that I stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn for 5 days & 4 nights. I can not say enough about the service I recieved at this hotel. When I checked in I talked with Denise. She was very very helpful and pleasent. She helped with getting me the best rate avalible. I also worked with Heather. I need to stay an extra night but it was Superbowl weekend and the rates went up. I told her why I was in Terre Haute and she worked with me to keep my room rate the same for the extra night. They really do care about family at this hotel. They had a breakfast every morning. The woman who worked in the breakfast room was Adriana. Adriana was so friendly, caring, thoughtful, and made sure we were satified with our breakfast. Adriana talked with me every morning and asked how my Grandmother was doing. She was a very real person. I so enjoyed talking to her in the morning. She made me feel like I was at home. When I checked out I worked with Kyle and Mabel. They made my check out very quick and easy. They were very friendly and fun to talk to.I will tell you that the next time I go to Terre Haute that I will stay at the Americas Best! The people at this hotel really are the ones who make me want to come there to stay :)..

Room Tip: They do have both smoking and non smoking rooms at this hotel. I liked the fact that it was very eas...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
I am delighted that you were pleased with your decision to stay with us during your recent visit to
Our hotel has changed Brands to a Clarion Inn & Suites with Choice Hotels Please come see our upgrades.
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I reserved my room online on Saturday morning. The rates were easy to read and the hotel was super affordable. I checked in on Saturday night. The hotel was easy to find and close to shopping and food. The parking lot was well lit and there were plenty of spaces. When I walked in the lobby, it smelled like cigarettes. (I'm pretty sure they were smoking in the doorway because it was cold and snowing outside!) But the hotel staff was really nice. I asked for a non-smoking room and check-in took less than 5 minutes. I walked to my room and opened the door. I was actually amazed! The room was huge. The hotel is older, but in great shape. There was a microwave, fridge, coffee pot, desk and small sitting area. The room looked just like the pictures online- except for the comforter! It was clean and spelled clean. The bathroom was really clean and has all the little extras on the counter. My only complaint is that there wasn't any hot water. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 4. But the room was definitely worth the nightly rate. It was quiet and you didn't hear too much road noise. I got up to check out and the front desk offered me breakfast. I figured it would be cereal, but walked over there anyway. They had cheese omelets, sausage gravy & biscuits, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, and cereal. It was awesome and tasted great. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
veeshp24, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I would like to mention that during your stay we encountered a water heater issue that has now been repaired. We look forward to your return and garauntee you hot water upon your return. Thanks for you review!
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

There was some good things about this hotel such as the rooms were clean, the staff was mostly helpful and the parking was good. We stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time and were told several things which turned out to be lies. Swimming pool will be open in a few days...it took 3-4 weeks for it to open, then close, then open and then close. It didn't help that someone defecated on the side of the pool. HBO is temporarily out...HBO is on their billboard and they say that they have it, they never had it. Breakfast was exaggerated to a great extent. They actually stopped serving bacon and sausage and only had cereal, biscuits and gravy and pastries. They told us that they are going to get waffles again soon...again, soon must be before 2012. Most people won't notice these items for one day but when visiting a city for an extended period of time, it is blatantly clear. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again and would recommend others in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for you review. We apologize That we were unable to meet your expectations during your prior visit to Terre haute, in. As our pool is outdoor and seasonal I am very sorry staff would have mentioned an opening during the off season and it seems unlikely of them to do so. We would like you to know that we have not only maintained, but we have extended the breakfast since you last visit to also include French toast. Thanks for understanding our food rotation. So that's Eggs/Cheese omelets, Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Hot Moist French Toast, Bacon, Danishes, Bagels, wheat and white Toast, Muffins, Cereal, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Apple & Orange Juice, assorted Tea, Coffee, Hot Cocoa, and Milk. We hope that our breakfast will be extensive enough for your appetite in the future. Thank for choosing America's Best Value Inn & Suites Terre Haute

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute? Share your experiences!