“Great Hotel and a Great Price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute

You added Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute to your Saves list
Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3053 S US Highway 41, US Hwy 41 at Margaret Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47802 (Formerly Clarion Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #17 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Nashville, Tennessee
“Great Hotel and a Great Price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

I reserved my room online on Saturday morning. The rates were easy to read and the hotel was super affordable. I checked in on Saturday night. The hotel was easy to find and close to shopping and food. The parking lot was well lit and there were plenty of spaces. When I walked in the lobby, it smelled like cigarettes. (I'm pretty sure they were smoking in the doorway because it was cold and snowing outside!) But the hotel staff was really nice. I asked for a non-smoking room and check-in took less than 5 minutes. I walked to my room and opened the door. I was actually amazed! The room was huge. The hotel is older, but in great shape. There was a microwave, fridge, coffee pot, desk and small sitting area. The room looked just like the pictures online- except for the comforter! It was clean and spelled clean. The bathroom was really clean and has all the little extras on the counter. My only complaint is that there wasn't any hot water. On a scale of 1 to 10, it was a 4. But the room was definitely worth the nightly rate. It was quiet and you didn't hear too much road noise. I got up to check out and the front desk offered me breakfast. I figured it would be cereal, but walked over there anyway. They had cheese omelets, sausage gravy & biscuits, bacon, toast, bagels, muffins, and cereal. It was awesome and tasted great. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
veeshp24, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I would like to mention that during your stay we encountered a water heater issue that has now been repaired. We look forward to your return and garauntee you hot water upon your return. Thanks for you review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

There was some good things about this hotel such as the rooms were clean, the staff was mostly helpful and the parking was good. We stayed at this hotel for an extended period of time and were told several things which turned out to be lies. Swimming pool will be open in a few days...it took 3-4 weeks for it to open, then close, then open and then close. It didn't help that someone defecated on the side of the pool. HBO is temporarily out...HBO is on their billboard and they say that they have it, they never had it. Breakfast was exaggerated to a great extent. They actually stopped serving bacon and sausage and only had cereal, biscuits and gravy and pastries. They told us that they are going to get waffles again soon...again, soon must be before 2012. Most people won't notice these items for one day but when visiting a city for an extended period of time, it is blatantly clear. I wouldn't stay at this hotel again and would recommend others in the area.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hello and thank you for you review. We apologize That we were unable to meet your expectations during your prior visit to Terre haute, in. As our pool is outdoor and seasonal I am very sorry staff would have mentioned an opening during the off season and it seems unlikely of them to do so. We would like you to know that we have not only maintained, but we have extended the breakfast since you last visit to also include French toast. Thanks for understanding our food rotation. So that's Eggs/Cheese omelets, Biscuits & Sausage Gravy, Hot Moist French Toast, Bacon, Danishes, Bagels, wheat and white Toast, Muffins, Cereal, Oatmeal, Yogurt, Apple & Orange Juice, assorted Tea, Coffee, Hot Cocoa, and Milk. We hope that our breakfast will be extensive enough for your appetite in the future. Thank for choosing America's Best Value Inn & Suites Terre Haute
Peoria, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

This hotel was not bad. I have paid alot more and stayed in worse. The front desk staff was amazing (Thanks Denise)!!! The room was easily accessible and clean. Dated and worn, but clean. The only issues I had were: the tub was dripping ALL night and drove me nuts, the "free" Wi-Fi did not work at all, and the comforter had seen better days. But since it was just me and not with the fam, it was okay. The price was right, the bed was clean and comfortable, and the breakfast, while not extensive, was fresh and hot. If traveling again for work I would stay. And also, I could smoke in my room!!!! I could not believe that was still even possible.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Jon S, Public Relations Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
I am delighted that you were pleased with your decision to stay with us during your recent visit to
Terre Haute, Indiana. Thank you very much for taking time to share your experience and rating.
Our hotel has changed Brands to a Clarion Inn & Suites with Choice Hotels Please come see our upgrades.
We look forward to our next oppurtunity to serve you with pleasant and comfortable accomodations and service on future visits.
Patagonia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2011

Nice room but carpet needs cleaning. Had only one hand towel and couldn't get any more.
Good location, lady at the counter was having a bad hair day but everyone else very nice.
Beds were great and not a lot of noise. Price was good since we had a coupon and worth the price.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
I am happy that you were pleased with your decision to stay with us during your recent visit to
Gallatin, TN
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

We stayed in Terre Haute 9-23- thru 9-26-11...I had pd for room thru priceline but when we arrived the manager said he had to run our debt card for any extras..phone, movies..ect. we told him that they didnot do that the last time we stayed nor did the Holiday inn across the street...we were told they all do now...which I found out that was not true as I called the holiday Inn. When we arrived home and I checked by bank account we found that $400 was on hold
from this hotel...I called right away and the first time some young inexperienced guy couldnt seem to understand my probably and I got very flustered and he called me an ugly name and hung up on me. I told this to priceline but then called back and asked to talk to the manager who wasnot in...Talked to another female employee and she reassured me that it would be refunded that day which was the 26th...I also called the manager the next day and he also said it was refunded the day before...The bank says they cannot refund a charge unless it has been charged out and not on hold which by the 28th almost $300 was charged out on our debt card. So I felt I was lied to. The young manager finally by friday emailed me the debt receipt showing it had been refunded but the dates were not as he had told me on the phone...It is now Oct 9th and I am still waiting this refund....I will never stay there again. The first room they gave us had dirty towels hanging behind the door and the lights in the bathroom did not work...when we told them the maid who spoke very little English acted like she didnot understand. The manager put us in another room...That room was a lot better but the electricity on the outside wall didnot work so you could not plug your computer in nor the lights didnot work...We reported this also but tried not to make a big deal about it as we were just there to sleep..Also we tried to enter the hotel from the back closer to our room but the glass was all broken on the outside door. and when we tried to enter thru the side doors our pass key would never work.....Now we still no refund...I can't even find out whom owns this hotel since it is a francise and the owner probably does not even speak english and I have spent almost $500 for 3 nights at this hotel....wish someone could help us....

Room Tip: See your room ahead of time and always ask for a receipt when you check out...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Hello and thank you for your review. We apologize for not meeting you expectations during your visit in Terre Haute, IN. Although we have always strived to provide cleanest rooms and the best service and breakfast, I am sorry we fell short. Point blank, we have updated our team and made the necessary changes to ensure that our guests will receive a clean room beyond their expectations. We invite you back for one more chance, and can be sure your room will be clean and functional with working hardware and attentive staff.
Thank you for choosing Americas Best Value Inn & Suites
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

We called and booked the room on sat around 3pm and arrived at 7;30 pm and found the Manager Kyle to be very friendly and helpful. Our room was nice and clean and was plenty spacious the queen size bed had 4 pillows that were nice and fluffy. Parking was no problem as they have a huge parking lot that is back away from the busy highway out front and the location being back away from the highway is great as there was no extra noise that you normally experience in tha area. We have stayed at several of the higher priced hotels there on the strip next to the interstate and paid twice as much and almost three times as much and were pleasently surprised to find this nice quite hotel. The breakfast the next morning was better than any breakfast that we have had at any hotel that we have stayed in. The Eggs with cheese and the bacon,bagels,muffins,biscuts and gravy, cereals and plenty of drinks was a great add on to this stay. We will be staying at the location any time we are in the area and want a nice friendly,clean,quite place with a Great breakfast. Also if you sign up for their Value Club card you will receive 15% off and a free upgrade to your room and a free late check out if you ask for it when you arrive. And this is all free for just signing up online. Thanks to Kyle for such a nice stay !!!!at a nice price!!!

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Hartford City, IN
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2011

We had a terrible experience with this hotel. We were booking rooms for the Scheid Diesel Extravaganza event, August 26-28, 2011. To start off, we booked our rooms in April. We were told it would be $69.99 a night, but since we were initially reserving 3 rooms that if we called back in the morning, we would get a better rate by talking with a manager. When we called and booked our rooms, we were charged $139.99 a night. When I called back the same night around 6 (we booked around 2pm) I only asked what the rate was. The girl on the phone said it was $89.99 a night for the weekend we were asking about. When I asked why we were charged $139.99 she said to call back and talk to a manager. I called back and he gave us the rooms for $99 a night for the weekend. He also told us if we had any other problems to talk to him and he would take care of us. We arrived to check in only to be told that they had given our rooms away by a very rude girl working, which we later found out was the one that gave us the wrong prices in the first place. They expected us to drive to Paris, Illinois to stay in a shoddy motel they had booked for us. While standing in the office speaking with the manager, another person they had done the same thing to came back to let the manager know they wanted to charge him $125 for a room at the shoddy motel, which we were told would only be $65 a night. They offered us a free nights stay another weekend in a couples suite, but wouldn't give us anything in writing that night, as they were "too busy". We asked if we could have discounted rates the weekend of Scheid 2012 and they said they couldn't do that for us. The reason they were too busy is because they had overbooked by 40 rooms for what is probably the busiest weekend in Terre Haute! Needless to say, we stayed across the parking lot at the Days Inn, and we never got our free rooms. Worst experience I have ever had at a hotel, and I will never book rooms there again!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Hello and thank you for your stay. We apologize for your experience regarding lost reservations. As it is no excuse, we would like you to know that our system has been updated since your visit to allow for all reservations to arrive on time and with garauntee. We are sorry for the glitches that may have occurred. We invite youto please gives another chance to see wehy we are Terre hates best kept secret

Thank you for choosing Ameircas Best Value Inn & Suites Terre Haute

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Terre Haute? Share your experiences!