“Pleasant” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Terre Haute

You added Super 8 Terre Haute to your Saves list
Super 8 Terre Haute
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   3089 South First Street, I-70 at US 41 Exit 7, Terre Haute, IN 47802   |
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Michigan City, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

I stay here once a month to visit family the ONLY good thing about this property is the location in relation to my destination in Terre Haute. The housekeepers are awful, rude and sketchy! As far as the front desk I can say they actually know there job, it just wanting to do it that where they fall short! I have never seen a manager and if so they can't be recognized. I can only image that this hotel is still running because of the class of people that roam this area! I will NEVER recommend or come back to this place. The worst service experience ever! Just a disgrace to the hospitality industry! My God!

• Stayed March 2014
Mendy T, Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
I was truly disheartened to read your review of your stay with us. I apologize that we did meet your expectations. You stated that you were a frequent Guest and stayed with us monthly, and I would truly appreciate the opportunity to earn your business and trust back. All of us try to deliver our Guests with a great experience, and I would like to prove that we can deliver a great experience to you as well. Please contact the hotel directly so that we can discuss your situation personally. I will look forward to speaking with you.

Tim Thurman
812.232.4890
Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2014

I understand not to expect much out of cheap rooms, but the last few times I've been given the chance to stay here verses any other hotel in the area, they have been horrible! Desk staff is not friendly at all! She acted like it was inconviencing her to even check me in, I was checking in early to have somewhere to come back from work late last night. When she gave me the key, she said "they were working on the water" in that room and I could not go up there, so after getting ready IN MY CAR after I had already paid for the room, I went off to work, too come back and find that room was horrendous!!! The room had not been touched outside the person who stayed the night before or whenever. There was fecies in the toilet and smeared on the walls and it smelled awful!!! The whole floor smelled awful!! So I go down to get a different room, bc I had no time to want to find another hotel, and the lady at the desk acted like I was lying and never even apologized. She moved me rooms. This room was clean but smelled like smoke so bad I couldn't even breathe! Not to mention, i feel like all the rooms are infested with fleas too!! The smoke smell has been in every room I've ever stayed in here. To top everything off, do the Mexican housekeepers not read English??? Each time I've stayed, their bangingggggg on the door earlyyyy in the morning regardless of the Do not disturb signs!! Then the front desk wants to have attitude about my late check out?????? I will not be returning to this dump to spend money on filth and a staff that treats you with nothing but attitude!!!! The Clarion across the drive is where I'll spend the remainder of my time here, they are only $10 more, staff is friendly and the rooms are wonderful!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Mendy T, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, March 19, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us was less than enjoyable. We strive to ensure each guest have a pleasant experience at our hotel. I do sincerely apologize for all of the issues that you experienced during your stay.

I am not familiar with how you had a water issue in your room, but we will make certain to address these issues. In investigating these issues, we were unable to find anyone registered in the hotel by your name. If you would like to contact the hotel, we will be happy to compensate you for your bad experience. We take every complaint seriously and will make the necessary corrections.
Terre Haute, Indiana
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

I did sleep the whole night I was there.either the itching while in bed or the people in the next room thumping around all night and fighting. Then the toiled would not flush. I am a regular here and am disappointed.

Room Tip: If you stay try to stay on the third floor its not loud and you can actually sleep
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Mendy T, Front Office Manager at Super 8 Terre Haute, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
I am very sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your stay. We strive to make each stay as enjoyable as possible for our guests. Please bring in a copy of this review and I will personally make sure that you are given 20% off of your room on your next stay. You are a valued guest and we look forward to seeing you again.

Mendy
Front Office Manager

Been to Super 8 Terre Haute? Share your experiences!