“Spiciness 6!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Indian
Grand Junction, Colorado
“Spiciness 6!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

I love spicy food and was surprised to see this along 3rd street. I did myself a huge favor by stopping by at 3pm when they aren't busy. Ordered the chicken vindaloo (love saying that word) and asked for a 5 out of 6 spiciness rating. I was happy with my choice. It was spicy enough for my taste yet still had the flavors I am accustomed to at Indian cuisine. The portion was a tad small but the taste made up for it. The gulab jamun (sweet dumplings) were also great. at $3.99 you only got 3 dumplings I would advise you to skip it, for value reasons. I will come back again because it is probably the best Indian restaurant you fill find in Terre Haute.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Great Indian Place where You Wouldn't Expect One”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Oddly in Terre Haute, this is an Indian restaurant as good as those found in a larger city. The menu is extensive with a variety of lamb, chicken, and vegetable dishes. The Saag Paneer is excellent. Diners can choose how hot/spicy they want their meals. There is also a wide variety of Indian beers. Service is prompt and friendly, and they also have a daily lunch buffet option. The dining room is clean and bright, though if you're looking for something fancy or a heavily Indian atmosphere, it is not here. The building is a renovated IHOP. But if you want great Indian dishes at very good prices, you will love Taj Mahal.
I took an out-of-town guest here who lives in an Indian neighborhood in Jersey city. He assured me with all the restaurants he'd visited there that he knew the cuisine. I could see he was prepared not to be impressed. However, after the meal, he agreed Taj Mahal compared with the places in his Indian neighborhood. We are lucky to have this place in Terre Haute.

Visited January 2013
Terre Haute, IN
“Very flavorful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We enjoy Indian food, and this is one of our favorite Indian restaurants (we've tried Indian restaurants in lots of places, from Perth, Australia to Bristol, England.) We usually get take-out, but we've also enjoyed the lunch buffet occasionally, and we've eaten dinner at the restaurant a few times. We like the buffet very much, but take-out gives us the best value for the money since we're able to eat leftovers for another meal or two if I make extra rice.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Paris, Illinois
“Food is far from authentic”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

we lived in India/Nepal for over two years. The items served here are very disappointing. Even the chhai tasted bad.

Terre Haute
“Best Indian Food I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Ever since I was young my parents have been taking me to Indian cuisine restaurants, and I'm to the point where I crave it constantly know. I get take out all the time, and sometimes dine in and the service is always friendly and nice. The food however is the best Indian I've had. You can pick from 6 levels of hotness in each item and it just makes it more personal to how hot I like it. They also add this sauce that I'm not sure exactly what it is to their saag, but in my opinion makes the dish absolutely addictive, unlike any saag I've ever had, it's a must have. You will always have pleasant meal. I couldn't give this place any higher regards!

• Visited September 2012