“roadtrip to MO” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
sellersville, United States
“roadtrip to MO”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

This was a very good place to stay for the night about halfway through my trip. It was very easy to access off the interstate highway, and very easy to get back on! This was the second time in two weeks I satyed at a Hampton Inn (Hartford, CT being the other) and

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

DENISES699, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for the positive comments regarding your recent stay at Hampton Inn Terre Haute.

Have A Great Day!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Butler, Pa, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

The staff was poor and there was no hot water in shower at 6:15 am. Ryan (Clerk) argued about refund and said the water was fine. There were others calling about no hot water while I was talking to him. I would not stay here again. Refund was not given until later in the day. This is not what you would expect from a five star hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Mascoutah, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I would not recommend this Hotel in Terre Haute, IN to my worst enemy. There was urine all over the bathroom floor, once I had the manager there in the room, he stated that it was the cleaning solution, not urine. I took a wet tissue and wiped the floor, it was covered in a yellow sticky substance (looked and smelled like urine). I asked the manager if he would put his bare feet on that tile. It was only then that they moved my room. The next was not as bad but I put towels all over the floor so I could at least stay. They said there was no more rooms available so I was stuck there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

lompoc,ca
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Very nice and comfortable. Good breakfast and pool. The lady running the Breakfast bar is a Gem as she is friendly and keeps the food stocked and clean. Close to the 70 and on the 41. Cracker Barrel is about a mile away on the other side of 70. there is a Chinese/ American buffet the other way on the 41. Has good food and reasonable priced.

Room Tip: Book early for best rates.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
DENISES699, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 15, 2013

Have A Great Day!
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

The lobby was nicee. The staff was adequate. But...

I was disappointed by a sheen of chemical floating across the pool water. I saw that and went back to my room without getting in

My TV didn't work. Turned out it was unplugged from the wall. The desk clerk told me to check. So you have a guest pulling out furniture to plug the TV in. That's staff responsibility.

The bed was incorrectly made. The sheet was not tucked in at the bottom and was up around my waist 10 minutes after I crawled in bed.

The hot portion of the breakfast had 2 entrees. One was a mix of scrambled eggs, finely diced ham and shredded cheese and the other was diced potatoes. Both were bland and not at all hot. Disappointing.

Lastly, I'm including this picture of the phone jack near the night stand. A second cable had been run out of the jack and over to another point in the room. This type of cable job is amateur and belongs in one's home. Not in a moderately expensive hotel.

Room Tip: Don't get a first floor room near the office.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Stephen C, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are sorry that you had a disappointing experience during your stay with us. We always aim to ensure every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. I truly regret that we came short of delivering the quality you expected from us. I can assure you that our guest satisfaction is very important to us and I will make sure that your comments be taken into consideration to improve our property. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

This hotel is convenient to I-70, located right next to the freeway. The area seemed safe. There are a few colleges/universities close by. Price with local taxes was on the high side (~$120) but we were tired, they had rooms available, and I wanted a nice, comfortable bed. Staff were excellent all around. We did not use the pool. Breakfast was complimentary and there were many choices including make your own waffles. Wi-fi is free in your room for guests.

We stayed in room 310 which is on the side of the building that faces south (view of a gas station/convenience store) and away from the highway. The highway noise was more noticeable than I would have liked, and I did wake up a few times in the night hearing trucks go by. I discovered in the morning that the noise may have been partly due to our window being stuck slightly open - I tried to close it and could not get it to move.

It's an older hotel and they keep it reasonably maintained for the type of hotel it is (i.e. it's not a luxury place and I wasn't expecting it to be). I don't think I would stay there longer than one night - and then only if I'm very tired and they are offering a much better price than other hotels in the area.

They have plenty of rooms and I'll re-emphasize the service was excellent. I would have liked it better if the beds were queen sized instead of doubles. Sharing a bed with my teenage daughter was cramped (we're both average size 10/12 less than 5'6") and may have also contributed to my waking up frequently throughout the night. The bed was my biggest disappointment, as I chose Hampton as my first and only consideration for this stay because I associated them with having wonderful beds from past stays at Hampton Inn's.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
DENISES699, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Hampton Inn Terre Haute. It is only when we get honest, objective feedback such as yours that we can hope to improve. Hope you can come back to visit us again and see the service we are capable of delivering.

Hampton Inn Terre Haute
Oil City, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Fitness center had 2 treadmills and 2 stair-step machines; clean, neat and functioning properly. I especially like the little TV's on each machine with complimentary earbuds for audio.
Breakfast is typical Hampton, which is good, but the lady that runs it is very accomodating and makes it stand out from other Hamptons in her own way.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper you may want a room away from the highway. The trucks travel heavily on I...
Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Stephen C, Manager at Hampton Inn Terre Haute, responded to this review, April 10, 2013
We're glad everything went well and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Been to Hampton Inn Terre Haute? Share your experiences!