“Great BBQ a short drive from home” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 189 Restaurants in Terre Haute
Cuisines: Barbecue
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Great BBQ a short drive from home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

When my mother was still alive she insisted on going to Rick's for her birthday one year. When we walked in the girls behind the counter all called her name and it felt like Norm walking into Cheers. I knew she loved the atmosphere and the personal attention that frequent customers get. The owner was working, as he usually is, and he comes around along with the wait staff to make sure you are happy and well taken care of. The usual BBQ menu here is tasty across the board and all the different BBQ sauces that I've tried (I don't do extremely hot) have all been very much to my liking with his regular sauce being my favorite. The sides are always good and everything is hot and fresh. I've dined at Rick's numerous times and never had a bad bite or experience.

Visited February 2013

Indiana
“Great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2013

I've been to Rick's many times and have tried numerous meals. They've all been tender and tasty. At Rick's you put the sauce on your meat. If you like a little spice in your BBQ sauce I'd suggest their 'Hot' variety. When it comes to side dishes I especially love the sweet potato fries.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Eastlake, Ohio
“Tasty BBQ”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

We're not a "chain-restaurant" family, so when we travel, we look for local places. Rick's was an enjoyable place. We walked by the smoker as we entered the restaurant and that got our mouths watering. I had rib tips, my son the ribs and my husband the chicken breast. Ribs and rib tips were smoky and had a nice "bark" on them. My husband's chicken was moist (even the next day!) Very nice find.

Visited February 2013
Marshall, Illinois
“If you like ribs, this is the place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

Whenever we eat here, the ribs are delicious, tender with a variety of sauces. Also love the pulled pork. Generous portions, clean and friendly. My husband loves hash-brown baked casserole.

Visited October 2012
Martinsville, Virginia
“Wonderful BBQ.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I would recommend Ricks. Locally owned and very good. Owner oversees kitchen and operation. A very well ran business. He actually sings a commerical and has family working too. I recommend this as a great place for many functions.

Visited July 2012