“1st class food and service” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Chicago, Illinois
“1st class food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm from Chicago andI travel quite a bit for business and pleasure. I was so surprised to find this restaurant. Friendly yet professional service. I looked forward to returning to Terre Haute just so I could dine at this fine restaurant. Tonight was my second time. I was not disappointed. I ate the bar. The server was Jess and she was wonderful. I highly recommend Stables to anyone who enjoys fine dining, great service and great food. I had the salmon which was excellent.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great Food odd reservation practice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Celebrating my parents 64th anniversary. Called to reserve table for early dining (5:15) and was asked if we thought we could be done by 7. Although that was not a problem, thought it was a strange question.
And heard her ask the same of other diners. Btw we left a bit before 7 and no one was waiting to be seated.

I had the prime rib which was huge and wonderful. Parents had NY strips and husband had chefs special tilapia, all were fixed to perfection. Service was exceptional and NOT rushed. I did mention the hostess's question and was informed she was new.

This a great place for an intimate dinner as most tables are in a "stall". Staff takes very good care of you yet is not intrusive. Is not inexpensive, yet feel it was a decent price for fine dining. We will return!

Terre Haute, Indiana
“Good Steakhouse in Terre Haute”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

Stables is a good steakhouse in a unique location. Food is good and generally the service is good. Great atmosphere. The building was used as the stables for the old Terre Haute Brewing Company. Second floor is great for large parties. I would recommend Stables to anyone.

• Visited March 2014
Indiana
“Great environment, great service, wonderful food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

One of the best places to eat in Terre Haute. Known primarily for their steaks but they have a diversified menu for all. You sit in the actual antique horse stalls, which are now booths for dining. Very nice.

• Visited April 2014
Champaign, Illinois
“Unique setting”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

So it was interesting to eat in a horse paddock. Not your usual setting. The place really was a former horse barn. The service was as you would expect at a good restaurant. My wife and I split a large steak and they were very accommodating. The steak was pricey and ok. I was expecting a bit better quality meat for the price($38). . We had bread pudding for dessert and that was very good. The overall dining experience was worth the price.

• Visited March 2014