“Comfortable, beautiful, and clean” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Terre Haute
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Ohio
“Comfortable, beautiful, and clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Went here with a large group of high schoolers and had a wonderful time! The staff was friendly and very accommodating for our needs. Rooms were specious and very high quality. It was as close to being home as I could ask for.

• Stayed March 2014
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping staff, they will be happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Erie, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Kudos to excellent service and customer relations demonstrated by Meagan and Zach at this Candlewood Suites location. Their pleasant demeanor and thorough understanding of customer needs and concerns is truly exemplary and at levels that all service staff anywhere and everywhere should aspire to emulate.

A real pleasure to stay at this location - largely due to their congenial hospitality!

Room Tip: Higher floors are quieter.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience. Zach and Megan are two of our best, they will be happy to hear that they made your stay a great one. Guest feedback is definitely the fuel that drives our team. Thanks again for sharing your experience and we hope to see you again soon.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here recently for a business trip and overall had a great experience, but there were a few irksome items I encountered due to the hotel being "completely full" as the front desk kept reminding me.

Parking: the parking lot is small, and the desk actually advised me "don't drive anywhere tonight if you want to park in the lot later." They did let me know I could be reimbursed for parking at the Hilton across the street, but it was a little odd.

Cupboard Options: During my stay, the cupboard room where they keep food and drinks for purchase was running low on most items. I saw a sign for a "brown bag breakfast" deal, but none of the items listed were available! Pretty disappointing.

Late Check Out: I'm a rewards member, so the night before I let the front desk know my meeting the next day would be running till 12:30 and was there any chance of a 2 PM late checkout. Unfortunately I was turned down due to, once again, the hotel being full. So I had to pack up my luggage and leave it in my car during my meeting.

Overall, these issues were really not a big deal and entirely due to being "completely full" but it did affect my experience enough that I would be interested in trying the Hilton across the street on my next stay, even if the rate is a little higher.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do apologize that we could not accommodate the late check out, unfortunately your stay was during a high demand period and a late check for you would have affected guests checking in that night. I do think the parking situation was miscommunicated, there is a parking garage directly behind our sister property that we will pay for parking for guests if our lot is full. We did struggle with inventory in our Cupboard during bad weather periods and I want to apologize for the lack of inventory. Thank for your comments I have shared all of your feedback with our team so we can make the appropriate adjustments.
Boulder, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

We found this little gem after driving 18 hours non-stop. It's like a boutique hotel, and the kitchenette was really convenient to make a late-night dinner for our kids. The room was clean and spacious, and plenty of room for our family. We plan on stopping here on our way back home in a few days, and exploring more of Terre Haute.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. Very glad to hear your family had an enjoyable stay. We hope to see again soon when your passing through.
Old bridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is conveniently located by ISU, shops and stores. The parking lot was full but parking on street wasn't too bad. The walls are thin so you hear the other guests coming and going. Would also be nice if they had a continental breakfast.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I do want to apologize about the noise level and please be assured that we are addressing the situation. Candlewood Suites as a brand do not offer any type of a breakfast, however all of rooms have fully equipped kitchens and our Candlewood Cupboard is stocked with Breakfast items giving the ability to enjoy Breakfast in your Suite. We also have many Restaurants within walking distance that serve Breakfast daily. Thanks again for your review and we hope to see you soon.
Tucker, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

It is rare that an accommodation can be the best part of a pleasure trip, but thats just what the Candlewoods Suites in Terre Haute Indiana was. The staff took care of my every need and the room was incredible. They treated me as a special guest, which I think all that were there felt the same. It's location is so much better that by the hubbub and confusion of the crowded interstate. It's downtown placement put me closer to all the places I wanted to visit and all the friends I came to see. It was just a few feet away from historic US-40 and US-41 intersection and a block away from the new Larry Bird statue at Indiana State University. It is next door to the childrens museum if you bring the kids along. If you have to be in Terre Haute for a few days, this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Call directly to the hotel and be specific what you want and they will make it happen. Ask for the m...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. Very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I always stay at this hotel whether I'm in Terre Haute for business or pleasure. The rooms are always clean, the front desk helpful, and the location is great. While the hotel doesn't offer breakfast, Square Donuts is a short walk two blocks east. Highly recommended!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Aaron R, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Terre Haute, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Feedback from our guest's is very important to us. Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Been to Candlewood Suites Terre Haute? Share your experiences!