“December 14, 2014” 4 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Bierstube
1724 Lafayette Ave, Terre Haute, IN 47804 (Formerly Gerhardt's Bierstube Restaurant)
+1 812-466-9249
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“December 14, 2014”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

I made my first visit last week. Service was superior. Beer was cold and the food was very good. My waitress saw I finished my noodles and cabbage before I finished my meat - and brought me more. Strudel was delicious. Prices are a tad bit high but reasonable. I doubt that young children would appreciate the place, but if you crave real German food - this is the place to get it.

• Visited December 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Charlotte, North Carolina
“A Terre Haute Favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2014

I used to live in Terre Haute and the Bierstube has been an institution many years. Now when I visit family I try to take them there. It recently was sold and the new owners are trying to keep the traditions alive but adding more service and even live entertainment. The service during my latest visit was excellent. Everyone tried very hard to please. I was unsure of which beer to order and I was offered tastings to ensure I would be pleased. The entertainment while a little loud in the small restaurant was very good and fun. The food was excellent. One of my favorites is the sauerkraut balls. If you have not been there recently you should give them a try!

“Worst place I ever ate in Terre Haute”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2014

We went as a after wedding dinner. The waitress was rude to our kids. Food was all cold and tasteless. Was charged for two dinners only ordered one. Was not worth the cost. Worst experience I ever had.

• Visited October 2014
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Des Plaines, IL
“Good German food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

We stopped here during a visit to Terre Haute. We hadn't been at the restaurant for about 25 years. The restaurant now has new owners and could use a little facelift. However, both the food and the service were very good.

• Visited October 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Blacksburg, Virginia
“Pleasant Evening”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful German meal here and will be returning if we have a chance. We stuck with the standard schnitzel meats. My husband's wiener schnitzel was extremely thin, and had way more bread than meat, but the taste was fresh and good. When the waitress asked how our meal was, we said it was good, except the veal in the schnitzel was a little thin. The owner was called and he apologized, and gave us our desserts on the house. We were not expecting this at all! A very pleasant surprise! When we eat there again, I'll gladly rate them with a "5" if the schnitzel is adequate. We loved the red cabbage salad, and the apple streusel was divine. The owners were very pleasant and made an effort to ensure everyone was enjoying their dining experience.

• Visited September 2014