“Amazing experience” 5 of 5 stars

Playa Donaires S.N., Palomino 40007, Colombia   |
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

I had heard about dreamers from a friend who told me that dreamers was "the best hostel she had ever stayed at." It did not disappoint. The area is beautiful, the houses and common areas that include a pool and bar/restaurant area are super nice, and the service is spectacular. Although I never met the owner, you could tell how well the hostel was run from the top down. Whether it was booking a taxi, a day trip, a lunch or just providing excellent advice on activities in Colombia, I received excellent treatment. I enjoyed my stay so much that I booked a night at the dreamers in Santa Marta as well where a few of the same employees worked, namely Diego, who on multiple occasions went out of his way to helped me book another hostel in Minca when there was limited availability as well as helped ensure that my travel logistics were straightened out on my different trips to neighboring towns. Can't say enough good things. Amazing food and bar too. Very social. I definitely recommend.

• Stayed December 2013

89 people have reviewed this hotel

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

I heard about this hostel from other people who I've met on my journey. It has lovely location, great and helpful staff! The restaurant was great.
The beach is unbelievable
The staff is very friendly and helpful, they are happy to help organising excursions to Cabo de la vela and Punta gallinas! and they can help you to make a reservation in the other Dreamer hostel in santa martha that is also gorgeous

Room Tip: the dorms are spacious
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

Really loved this hostel, literally 30 seconds from the beach.
The staff were absolutely fantastic, really friendly and helpful. The hostel itself is beautiful with a great pool, which is perfect if you can't handle the rough waves of the sea!
Although a little quiet when I stayed there; as I visited in low season, the bar had a really nice atmosphere at night and the cool seating areas meant it was easy to get chatting to people, especially during happy hour with the great daquiris.
The dorm rooms are nice and spacious and I thought it was a great touch to have all the hammocks to chill in during the day.
Would really recommend this hostel, thank you to all the great staff.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Okoboji, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

I have traveled the world and never came upon such a wonderful oasis - the pool, bar, BBQ area, kitchen/cook with a menu, gardens and room were on my top places I have stayed. The staff was very friendly, spoke great English and extremely helpful! After my stay there I went to a 5 star to end my travels, costing me $350 a night and I was disappointed because the Dreamer spoiled my senses with their accommodations. I dream of the Dreamer and the the wonderful people I met as a solo traveler. I would go back to Colombia, just to revisit the Dreamer!!!! Truly wonderful!!!! If you travel Colombia - you must visit the Dreamer in Santa Marta and especially in Palamino!!!! AMAZING!

Stayed December 2013
Ontario, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2013

this is a stunning hostel few steps away from the beach! Staff are friendly and helpfull, and they really makes you feel welcomed! the private rooms were really setup well and huge.
Food and drinks are delicious - with affordable prices... (you should definitely try pizza on dinner!). Totally recomeded! :

Room Tip: the private rooms are a dream!!!
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2013

I loved this hostel, it was the best part of my visit to the caribbean coast .The place is beautiful and very well located on the beautiful Palomino beach.
The swimming pool was clean and refreshing, the gardens around the rooms were also very nice! My room (deluxe double) was spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast (same buffet as in S.Marta Dreamer) was wonderful. The staff was incredibly friendly and helpful ( special thanks to Ricardo ) Highly recommended!

Savannah, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

One of the best hostels that we have stayed at. the thing that is good here is the staff. they make sure that you have a great stay there. food at the restaurant is very good, pool is clean, rooms clean. we really liked that! Thanks for all the info.

Room Tip: good size rooms, anyone in fine
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

Been to The Dreamer Hostel On The Beach? Share your experiences!