“Wow, just WOW!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 31 Hotels in South Bend
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wow, just WOW!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed at the Morris Inn a few years back before the renovation. It was a glorified golf dorm, where you saw exposed cinder block in the room that was painted in a tasteful manner. It was great for the location, that alone merits three stars. Once you check in, walk or bring a bike and do like the college kids do, "when under the Dome, do as the Domers do."

I stayed there just yesterday, 12/18/14, and boy was I just flabbergasted. This place rivals any Marriott or Marriott Renaissance hotel I have stayed at during my Sales Travels. The bed, wow what a bed! It was nice and firm with, plenty of pillows of substance you can feel under your head. Clean, spaciously designed, and great walk-in shower bathroom. The carpeting is so soft and so well padded you feel it through your shinny uncomfortable suit shoes. Tastefully decorated with colors and images all things Notre Dame.

And that is not all. Go to the lobby and get a personal feel from the front desk, no rehearsed phrases, just genuine conversation. Beautiful art and furniture of all types for all body shapes and tastes in comfort. Then there are the gentlemen that greeted me every time I walked out. I loved these guys. Patrick was the best. He was a walking encyclopedia of Notre Dame knowledge. We got to talking and he was an electrical engineer in a past life. His wife works at ND and he decided to work here after he retired, twice! The man truly wants to be there to meet you and me! You feel the "joie de vivre" he carries himself with, an energy that is contagious and completely belongs at a location within ND. I fully expect, reservation or not, to add him to my list of people I visit when I am at ND next time. The people and Patrick brought my visit and review to that final fifth star rating. Extraordinarily, well done for a Domer, like myself, returning to my beloved college home for a nostalgic visit. Wow, just WOW!

Best,

Jesús Bravo

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
katonah, ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I recently stayed at the Morris Inn with two potential ND students to visit the ND Campus. Needless to say the location is perfect for this. Highly recommend this Inn for that purpose. The staff and accommodations were exceptional.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Kelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Morris Inn, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Thank you for your kind review and rating 6t-family! I’m glad you enjoyed your visit to the Morris Inn! Please remember us for Holiday events as well. We have Christmas day brunch coming up soon that will offer an amazing experience in the William and Mary Smith Ballroom. Hope to see you back soon! Safe Travels- Kelly
México D.F.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stay on campus hotels quite often, this one is perfect, the decor is very nice the rooms are large, clean and nicely done, The free wifi works very well all over campus. The service is friendly but not overwhelming. The food at the bar and restaurant is very good. I would not have second thoughts about returning or recommending this place.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review viajero6789! I’m so glad you enjoyed your visit to the Morris Inn as well as Sorin’s and Rohr’s our restaurants. We offer Tea daily in Sorin’s thru March. Please check us out at morrisinn.nd.edu! Safe Travels- Kelly
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

If you want to be engulfed by the ND experience, you want to stay here! Right on campus, you can walk the campus at your leisure and enjoy its beauty. Friendly and helpful staff, clean and spacious rooms with special ND touches makes this a great top notch lodging choice.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind review JDChicagoIL! You are so right! We are part of the ND experience but you don't have to be visiting ND to stay at the Morris Inn! Check us out for our New Year’s Eve Party and enjoy us year round! Safe travels- Kelly
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The people, the property and the process were and are first class. The attention to detail is second to none and I travel a fair amount. The smallest of things are simply not overlooked. There is not a better property on or near Notre Dame!

Room Tip: I personally enjoyed the view of the Fireside a Terrace.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your kind review and rating of the Morris Inn StanAnderson1967! Please be sure to check out one of our upcoming events-We look forward to seeing you back at the Morris Inn soon! Safe Travels!- Kelly
Tulsa, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our family had two rooms at the Morris Inn for one night while passing through the area on a family vacation. The rooms were impeccable. Love the old college academic motif. The first thing I noticed were the ipads with my name on the welcome screen. Very nice. Beds were nice, comfortable and rich. Nice wide screen HD TVs. Bathrooms were what we would expect from a 4 star hotel such as granite counter tops, high-end showers and quality decoration.

Free parking is available but about a 5 minute walk to the hotel through part of the Notre Dame campus. The free parking lot is not very easy to find, however. Valet parking is available adjacent to the hotel for $15/night.

Overall, an excellent experience.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Kelly H, Guest Relations Manager at Morris Inn, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
Hello JimH! Thank you for your review and rating! We have free valet parking for our restaurant and event guests - which is super great for these cold winter months! I hope you get a chance to visit during the month of December. The hotel is just beautifully decorated for the holidays. Safe Travels- Kelly
New Berlin, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2014

My wife & I recently stayed at the Morris Inn for two nights over a weekend. We were overwhelmed by the immaculate state of this hotel. Absolutely a pleasure to stay there. In-room iPads, for crying out loud! Who does that? A warm welcome by the valet at the front door was just the beginning of a great stay.

Comfortable bed, roomy bathroom, great water pressure (a must!) and a very friendly staff made for an extremely enjoyable visit to Notre Dame. Everyone on premise said, "hello" to us, and always with a smile.

We shall return! Keep up the great work!

Room Tip: There really isn't a bad room in the place. They're all impeccably clean and well-appointed...
Green Features: They're LEED certified, so everything they do is with the environment in mind.
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review and feedback of the Morris Inn Irishwkf! Our green features include a green roof! Next time you visit ask for a peak. Also, please join us for the holidays! Breakfast with Santa is especially fun! Check out our upcoming events at morrisinn.nd.edu. Safe Travels- Kelly

Been to Morris Inn? Share your experiences!