“Decent place to stay the night” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn South Bend

You added Quality Inn South Bend to your Saves list
Quality Inn South Bend
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   215 Dixie Way South, South Bend, IN 46637 (Formerly Jameson Inn South Bend)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Palmyra
“Decent place to stay the night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Stayed here on way home, as it is about half way and needed to get a good night sleep before making it the rest of the way home. Room was standard ChoiceHotel style and was clean. Price was a bit high for less than 24 hour stay, but I got a good night sleep, so it was worth it. Convienent to the highway, but not sure what else is around, as I was just passing through. Seems like it would be a decent place to stay awhile if you happened to be in town for some reason. Nothing really to complain about.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Knew I was booking into a hotel that was not brand new or even recently refurbished. I had a realistic expectation for this hotel and although this was not to be a five star experience while we visited the campus of Notre Dame, thought it would just be an acceptable hotel accommodation while we were in the area. Be that as it may, the place sunk to a new low. I drove up to the door and from the very minute I entered the hotel lobby it was dirty. The windows of the entrance were dirty, the halls were dirty, and the rooms was dirty., every bit of carpeting was dirty. The sheets were clean and the bathroom was somewhat clean. The floors were dirty. The furniture was filthy and had not been dusted in a while. The lamps had webs on the shades and there was old food in the refrigerator. OMG!!!! Gross. There for three nights, but housekeeping never serviced the room on day two, even though we were out of the room from 8AM-4PM. No need for a wake up call either. Slamming doors wake you up between 6 and 6:30 AM. Can hear talking from the next room and toilets flushing from above. Have stayed at other Quality Inn hotels and have been extremely pleased with these hotels, always clean. This one leaves a bad mark on the chain. Front desk staff were just okay, not really helpful. Food for the breakfast, just acceptable.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Better than expected! Our room was nice and clean. Breakfast was good but did have a few things that ran out and was slow to refill. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Good price at this hotel I will be back to stay in the future.

• Stayed July 2013
Detroit
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Carpet wrinkled and dirty, rooms dated and dirty, common areas tired and dirty. Notice a theme? Also, walls paper thin making it noisy. Would never recommend to a friend. Stayed here for son's baseball tournament and was guided here by tournament organizer.

• Stayed July 2013
Casper
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

This hotel is in the Notre Dame/St. Mary's University area and handy to downtown. It is mostly clean but the hallway and room carpets were stained. Breakfast was the usual waffle, etc. fare but look out of your stay coincides with that of three teen age baseball teams. Getting to the food was nearly impossible and those boys can eat.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
River Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

I was a little weary when I found out my company booked me here after reading some of the reviews. I was wrong to worry, the place was nice. The young man at the check-in counter was super friendly. I was at the very end of the hotel, which had an access where a key-card was used; I found the door to be secure, which was a relief. The room was clean and updated with a comfortable bed, pillows, bedding and a flat screen TV. The refrigerator was tucked away in a cabinet and there was a small microwave. Water pressure was great (big deal to me) and the bathroom was spacious; the sink area was outside of the bathroom and had a large counter area. In the evening the parking lot was properly lit as were the exits. I did not hear any noise in my room (ground floor) and slept soundly without any loud interruptions. At breakfast there were a variety of breads, muffins, pastries, waffles and cereals. For beverages there was coffee, tea, milk and 2-3 juices. I did not use the pool or the fitness center.

My only complaint was the Wi-Fi. I had a very weak signal but I was able to email my work so I was happy with that.

If I return to this area I will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Hayward, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

After a long day on the road, and checking into a room at 3 a.m., I really tried to be understanding when I discovered the headboard on the bed was broken off and had partially fallen behind the bed, and that neither lamp on each side of the bed worked. The bed itself looked clean and I was already in my PJ's, so I opted not to change rooms. And I really tried to be understanding when I got up a few hours later that same morning and got a good look at the bathroom. It was filthy. Mildew in the shower stall, dirty mirror, hair and filth hadn't been wiped off the sink faucets, dirty handprints up and down the bathroom door, old coffee or soda stains on the wall near the tv, etc. Since the room receipt hadn't been slipped under the door like the clerk said it would be, I stopped by the desk at checkout for a copy. I did (politely) report the housekeeping conditions, and the clerk immediately applied a small discount to my receipt, which I had neither asked for nor expected. I did not check the receipt. My mistake! You see, I had paid in CASH at check-in. When I arrived at my destination, I checked my bank account online. Then I dug out my receipt. It was a mess. Besides having paid cash in advance for the room, the amount of the room charges was also charged to my bank card, TWICE! I received no satisfaction when I phoned the hotel. While I was staring at the two charges on my bank card, the clerk assured me that there was only ONE charge (held out amount) on my card and that IT should drop off in a couple of days. What about their other charge ?????? What an expensive 5 1/2 hr. nap! I guess it would be "sour grapes" to say that the bagel was so dried out that the bottom crunched like toast? I definitely would not recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
southbendin, General Manager at Quality Inn South Bend, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to provide insight into your recent stay at the Quality Inn South Bend. We are always interested in our guest's perspective during their visit and use this information to improve our product and/or service. All areas of the hotel benefit as your concerns are addressed by maintenance personnel, housekeeping staff, and the general manager.
I know that I have spoken with you directly about these issues and have heard nothing further. I assume that the bank has caught up with everything and that your holds have been removed from your card.
Again I am very sorry about the issues that occurred while you stayed with us, and I assure you they have been address.

Melissa Oburn

Been to Quality Inn South Bend? Share your experiences!