“Great Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend

You added Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   52709 Indiana State Route 933, US 31 North, South Bend, IN 46637   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book Now, Save up to 15%
Ranked #9 of 31 Hotels in South Bend
Southeast
“Great Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

The management at the South Bend Hampton Inn on Hwy 933 were on top of their game. Normally when I see travel teams in a lodge/motel/hotel, a sense of dread takes hold of me. I overheard the manager or clerk give the parents a very professional talk about respect and quiet for the other guests. I was extremely impressed with her tact and candor. I enjoyed one of the best nights sleep I've had in a long time. Never once was there anything overnight that disturbed my sleep. If there was one problem, it was the access road right outside my first-floor window: At sunrise cars started passing by, and some of them were loud, some playing loud music. Overall, however, the "problem" was a tiny blip compared to the great overnight stay. Overall a great experience. VR, David

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Livonia, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stayed here over Memorial Day for a soccer tournament. On the first night I sent my two children in for a shower after I quickly checked out the shower. Once I got in I realized it had not been cleaned at all. There was body hair all over the walls and once I grabbed the wash cloth that was neatly wrapped on the side of the shower with soap in it I noticed body hair stuck in the washcloth. It was black and all over. Housekeeping should have noticed that since they had tucked it into a fun container to hold soap. My husband called and they said they would sent someone up to clean it at 10:00 pm. By 11:00 no show.

In the morning I talked to the nice staff at the counter who said it was not logged into the book the night before but said we would get a night free and they would make sure the room was cleaned. We were all out for games and dinner all day. Came back late, beds were made, and did another quick check of shower and looked good. Put kids in shower and then I went in and shower was not cleaned. Same hair in the same location on the walls. Called down and the woman said it is noted in the books we had a do not disturb sign up. I told her to come up and see how the beds were made. She said no that they did not clean our room because it was written in the housekeeping notes. A little confused since they emptied the trash, made the beds, and supplied new towels.

Will not stay here again. Breakfast was gross. Ran out of utensils and food during breakfast. If your hotel is sold out then you should be prepared for the amount of people that are staying at the hotel. If we come back for soccer we will not be staying here.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
First of all, thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel and more specifically regarding our cleanliness. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean and comfortable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Everything you need, with many conveniences included. Staff morale is high, and very service oriented. The lobby area is newly renovated, and everything is sensibly arranged. Parking is fully adequate, but wholly outdoors.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you Geoffrey H. for your feedback. We are proud of our Staff for the effort put forth to provide great customer service. Hearing comments like this keeps that morale running high.
We hope to see you again soon.

Regards,
Eastpointe, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

This is a good spot to stay if your not going to be staying at the hotel for long times. Walking to my room I noticed the hallways seemed narrow with low ceilings. Once inside my room there was a very distinct odor of cigarette smoke; I'm guessing the person before me was a smoker. On the plus side the room is a decent size, the bed was very comfortable and everything was clean. Eventually the tobacco smell dissipated; had I been staying longer I would have asked to switch rooms.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Dear Adam, We appreciate your feedback and apologize that we did meet your expectations. Prior to July 1, 2012 we had a small number of designated smoking rooms in the hotel. Effective July 1, 2012, Indiana became Smoke-Free, we have been working very hard to rid those rooms of any lingering odor. Please know that we are making every attempt to rid those few rooms of the odor. I hope that based on the positive experiences outside of the odor, that you will give us an opportunity to serve you on future stays.

Warm regards,
Fortville, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Narrow entry doors, housekeeping was poor for our room, only one elevator for each wing VERY far from room, inadequate handicapped parking available, hot breakfast items were very tasteless and NOT hot.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

We thank you for choosing our hotel for your recent trip. Reading your comments, it appears that we fell short of your expectations and for that, we sincerely apologize. We are accustomed to receiving very positive feedback from our guests and are disheartened that you did not experience the level of excellence you deserve. Please be assured that your concerns will be shared with our management team so that corrective measures are taken where feasible.

We do hope that you can give us another opportunity to regain your confidence in our hotel if your travels bring you to our area again.

Roseville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

The hotel is very nice and the rooms are clean/comfortable. The breakfast has few choices compared to Holiday Inn Express and be sure not to arrive for breakfast in the last 30 minutes of service. The check in process was quick and we were recognized for our Hilton Honors membership. If given the same location again, I would chose Holiday Inn Express over Hampton. Their property is equal to or greater than Hampton's.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Rebecca T, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review the Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend, and thank you for being Hilton Honors members. I'm glad to hear that our staff is making the point to recognize and thank you as well. I'm sorry you felt the breakfast choices were limited. If there is something you would like to see in our breakfast options, please let us know. We take our Guest comments very seriously. An item recently added was hard boiled eggs, this is great for our health concious Guests. Fresh cut fruit was another item added last fall in addition to our hot items, waffles, and traditional continental items. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again and allow us an opportunity to provide with an outstanding experience.

Best!
Grand Rapids
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

A wedding brought us to South Bend and we had a chance to share a special day with them. We had a Mother's Day brunch with our daughter and her husband the next morning before we left. Easy to find and a great weekend overall!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dear Jane! Congratulations on your daughters wedding, I am thrilled we were able to enhance your weekend with a comfortbale and enjoyable experience at our hotel. Please come visit us again the next time you are in South Bend.

Warm Regards,
Becky T.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites South Bend? Share your experiences!