“Good choice for South Bend Airport” 3 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #9 of 29 Hotels in South Bend
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Florida
“Good choice for South Bend Airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010

I stayed for 1 night on 12/15/10 and had no problems. The front desk clerk was pleasant, and the room was clean. Room had a microwave and refrigerator. I checked out before breakfast to catch a 5:40 am flight so I can't comment on the breakfast quality. The location directly across from the airport made it easy to arrive on time for the flight. And the 7/11 gas station next door was convenient for filling up the rental car before returning it. I'll stay again next time I fly to/from South Bend.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

Without looking at reviews I ended up making a reservation for a one night stay at the Sleep Inn. When I arrived they had no reservation of any type, I was unaware if my card had been charged and I was certain that I had made a reservation there. They could not find me in the system anywhere. The front desk staff wasn't very welcoming and the lobby area looked filthy, Needless to see I did not spend my night there as I moved on to a different Hotel in the South Bend area, becuase overall the hotel looked unwelcoming

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
The Villages, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2010

May want roadside room can hear trains from backside.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Irvington, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2009

My wife and I made a cross-country trip in mid-August for a move, and we stopped off for the night at the Sleep Inn in South Bend. We chose the hotel because we were traveling with our rabbit, so we needed a pet-friendly place. I really don't have anything bad to say about the place.

The pet fee was reasonable ($10). The room and bathroom were clean. There was free wireless internet and good television. While the hotel is a five-minute drive from the interstate, it wasn't a problem. There weren't a ton of restaurants in this part of town, but you could certainly find something to eat. Don't depend on the free breakfast, though. There wasn't much to choose from, especially healthy options.

If we make this drive again with a pet, we would definitely stay at the Sleep Inn in South Bend again.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
nj
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2009

My husband and I were Westward bound travelling cross country from NJ via motorcycle. We secured a room for the evening using the roadside rest stop travelers guides. They have discounts which come in handy. We had a very restful nights sleep on a very comfortable pillow top bed. The service was friendly and accommodating. This place was extremely clean.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
VERMONT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2009

When Contintental finally landed in South Bend 2 1/2 hours late, we opted to stay at the nearest Comfort Inn member for the night. Nice hotel, nice room, nice staff. However, we were surprised to learn that the Quality Inn next door offerred rooms for $20 less!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel was great for a quick overnight stay while driving from New York to Illinois. The hotel is fairly close to I-80, which provided for quick easy on and off. This hotel is dog friendly. They gave us a room on the 1st floor to allow our dog to get in and out easily. There was a small grassy area to the side of the hotel as well. Dog fee was very reasonable. Beds were comfortable and room was quiet large. TFree Wi-Fi too! The location of the hotel was fine, next to the airport, but the only issue with this hotel is that it is near a not so great area of town. In order to get to any restaurants, parks etc, you have to drive (about 15 minutes) through a very rundown area of town. Other than that, it was great!!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Sleep Inn South Bend? Share your experiences!