“Nice Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Warrensburg, Missouri
“Nice Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

For a campus visit to Notre Dame, we booked the Ivy Court Hotel. It's very conveniently located, just off the southeast corner of campus, across from the baseball field. The hotel conjures up the feeling of a resort on some remote northern lake with its unique design and dark wooden beams in the room. They even had a nice roaring fire in the dining room. Breakfast was excellent.

The room was quite comfortable, very clean and comes with a mini-fridge, microwave and wet bar. The flat screen was large enough to see from the beds, and the beds were just right. There are some fast food places up the road to the east and just west toward the campus entrance is a new "college town" atmosphere with apartments and restaurants. Try O'Rourke's Irish pub, right across from the main drive into campus for good food and beer, including a nice list of local and regional craft beers from Indiana and Michigan, both of which have some excellent brewers such as Three Floyd's and Bell's.

Overall, a great value for the money, especially after having driven down from a stay in Chicago.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Charleston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Was very pleased with my stay here. I was traveling with a few visitors from Japan and we had stayed at the Sherraton the night before and they prefered this hotel over the Sherraton. The rooms were larger and well maintained. I thought the Sherraton beds were better but overall for the price paid this was a great stay. The one thing i must tell you is the breakfast was by far the very best N/C breakfast I have ever had at a hotel.
Fresh cooked eggs and breakfast potatoes were included. We ate on real plates with real flatware. Drank fresh juice from a glass not a plastic cup.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Princeton, New Jersey, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Breakfast is great. There's some yummy salsa that obviously does not come from a jar. Rooms are large and comfortable, very pleasant. Staff was friendly.

Downside: The walk to campus is 15 minutes of concrete. Lots of stadiums and stadium parking lot. At first I thought the university was ugly looking, until one morning I woke up and went for a run north of the university, near the lakes. The university is quite nice when approaching from the north, but the southern part not so much. Make sure you check out the north part of the university

Downside: Both treadmills appeared to be broken. That would be OK when it's not freezing out.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Omaha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Ivy Court is a charming, welcoming stay that doesn't disappoint. While it may not be the most modern of hotels, the warm reception from the staff and delicious breakfast is worth the trade. We can't wait to go back to South Bend and stay here again! Simply lovely!

Room Tip: Room 306 had a great view of Notre Dame's Touchdown Jesus.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Huntington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I lived at Ivy Court for 6 years Monday through Friday, I would not even think of staying any where else. My professional life has changed and I don't travel now but when I visit South Bend I still stay at ivy Court. The staff is great. And they have cookies too. The bed and breakfast style is very comfortable.The room has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The rooms are always clean. The rooms are well maintained with nice furniture. The daily breakfast is great, beyond the usual cereal, waffles, and bagels, there were two kinds of eggs, both bacon and sausage, hash browns, and pancakes as well. Everyone there treated me better than family. That was not something that grew with time, that was there the first day I stayed at the Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My stay at Ivy Court was fantastic. The Front Desk saved my trip not once, but twice! First Katie found a phone charger for me (I had left mine at home and my battery was completely dead). Then John was able to return my missing car keys to me. I didn't even realize I had lost them! But when another guest turned them in, he was able to figure out they belonged to my car parked outside and traced the license plates to me. Wow!!

On top of that, your location relative to Notre Dame's stadiums is ideal. I was in town for hockey, basketball, and women's basketball. I was able to walk to the stadiums easier than driving the one block.

The hotel was clean and well decorated, had all the standard amenities, and the free breakfast was outstanding. I even got a kick out of the University of Alaska hockey team, who were also guests at Ivy Court that weekend. Too bad they beat up on ND.

I will definitely be staying at Ivy Court again. You guys are the best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at Ivy Court again while visiting family.

We can never say enough. Our room was great and the breakfast was amazing!!

The service is always great even when checking in late at night. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013

Been to Ivy Court Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!