“My Home away from Home” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Huntington, Indiana
“My Home away from Home”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I lived at Ivy Court for 6 years Monday through Friday, I would not even think of staying any where else. My professional life has changed and I don't travel now but when I visit South Bend I still stay at ivy Court. The staff is great. And they have cookies too. The bed and breakfast style is very comfortable.The room has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The rooms are always clean. The rooms are well maintained with nice furniture. The daily breakfast is great, beyond the usual cereal, waffles, and bagels, there were two kinds of eggs, both bacon and sausage, hash browns, and pancakes as well. Everyone there treated me better than family. That was not something that grew with time, that was there the first day I stayed at the Inn.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My stay at Ivy Court was fantastic. The Front Desk saved my trip not once, but twice! First Katie found a phone charger for me (I had left mine at home and my battery was completely dead). Then John was able to return my missing car keys to me. I didn't even realize I had lost them! But when another guest turned them in, he was able to figure out they belonged to my car parked outside and traced the license plates to me. Wow!!

On top of that, your location relative to Notre Dame's stadiums is ideal. I was in town for hockey, basketball, and women's basketball. I was able to walk to the stadiums easier than driving the one block.

The hotel was clean and well decorated, had all the standard amenities, and the free breakfast was outstanding. I even got a kick out of the University of Alaska hockey team, who were also guests at Ivy Court that weekend. Too bad they beat up on ND.

I will definitely be staying at Ivy Court again. You guys are the best!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We stayed at Ivy Court again while visiting family.

We can never say enough. Our room was great and the breakfast was amazing!!

The service is always great even when checking in late at night. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013
Fort Wayne, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

The Ivy Court Hotel is a great place to stay. We have stayed here for a weekend in January for the last 4 years.

One of the best things about the hotel is the size of the rooms. On our most recent stay, we had a king suite. Both rooms were a good size. The living room area was especially nice because there was plenty of room even when the sofa bed is open--so many hotel room barely have room for the bed to unfold. The room also has a refrigerator, microwave, and coffee maker. The rooms are always clean, especially in the bathroom areas. The rooms are well maintained with nice furniture that is good condition.

The daily breakfast is very good and possesses a little more variety than some hotels. On the mornings we were there, beyond the usual cereal, waffles, and bagels, there were two kinds of eggs, both bacon and sausage, hash browns and fried potatoes, and pancakes as well. The breakfast room can get a little cramped if it is crowded, but it is still a very good start to the day.

The location is also a plus. Ivy Court is just off the campus of the University of Notre Dame, and the hotel rooms and common areas are full of photographs of campus. It is a short drive to campus (as well as to restaurants), and one could even walk to a basketball, hockey, or football game.

We will stay here again, and I'd recommend the Ivy Court to anyone staying in South Bend.

Room Tip: Rooms with windows facing west or north will likely have a view of the University of Notre Dame camp...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Granger, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a terrific place to stay, located right next to the Notre Dame campus. It's not far from the Indiana Toll Road which makes it easy to get to, and it is located near many great restaurants and shopping centers. To top it off, their breakfast in the morning is beyond terrific! If you're visiting South Bend or the Notre Dame campus you can't beat this hotel for a place to stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Albany, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Beautiful suite. Quiet building. Staff incredibly helpful. The marketing manager in particular is a major asset for this hotel. She kindly drove me in her own car over to the University of Notre Dame, twice. Thank you for your kindness.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Fairview, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

This was the first time I have stayed here. I was very impressed. The rooms were clean and the staff very friendly. Being there for a Notre Dame football game, I expected rushed staff and so so service. I found the staff very attentive and willing to help when they could.

Room Tip: If you are there for football games, try getting a room in the building the front desk is not at. Th...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Been to Ivy Court Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!