“Nothing to Write Home About” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Orlando, Florida
“Nothing to Write Home About”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

To use a Midwest expression, the place was certainly “nothing to write home about”. Also, the link on TripAdvisor to their web site takes you no where. It is either entered incorrectly or, most likely, they didn't pay the fee to keep it working since I couldn't find anything doing an on-line search! I had the Beef Chop Suey. The rice was lumpy and tasteless and not fried. The bean sprouts were ok. Other had the Ho Ping Lo Mein, which was very bland and required much soy sauce, mustard, and duck sauce for any taste. Noodles were like fettuccini rather than lo mein in both look and texture? Both of us had egg rolls, which required lots of duck sauce. The hot and sour soup tasted weird, and none of those dipping, crunchy things was provided to put in the soup. Fortune cookie was the best part of the meal. The sign out front said discount for hotel guests, but that doesn’t apply to the lunch menu-bait and switch false advertising, in my opinion! We had planned to order additional food to take back to the hotel for later but quickly changed our minds once we tasted the food. Most of the clientele was over 70 so maybe they keep the food bland and low in sodium for them! Definitely will not return next time at ND event.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

South Bend, IN
“Our favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We LOVE Ho Ping House. We usually go there for ALL of our family celebrations, and many other times. Not a bad meal in the house. Prices very reasonable. Atmosphere rather fancy, dress code casual. Wait staff is wonderful.

Visited August 2013
georgia
“Ho-Ping”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have eaten here many times, and the food is consistently good. Nice atmosphere, efficient wait staff and great tasting food. My favorites are beef pepper steak, beef with broccoli and sweet and sour chicken. Generous portions for lunch, which is when I usually go there.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“packed parking lot for a reason- yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Stopped by while out of town to grab some takeout. Very good and very generous portions. I had the sweet and sour chicken and it was my dinner and lunch the next day. Wish I had this place in my hometown so I could have it more often. They gave a 10% discount for takeout. Since I was staying in a hotel I forgot to ask for plastic silverware, if you need it, be sure to ask. YUMMY YUMMY!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Indianapolis, Indiana
“great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have been to this restaurant twice in the last month and had great experiences both times. Very friendly employees and great food.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere