“Always a good,hot meal” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Rolling Prairie,IN
“Always a good,hot meal”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We have many haciendas in our area and all are great. I rate them all the same. Great eats,drinks,servers, and have never been in a unclean one. Keep up the good work.

Visited August 2012

South Bend, Indiana
“OK”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2012

This one is a little quieter than the Mishawaka store. Considering the servers are closer to the customer and do not have to run up and down stairs to get to the food the service was terrible. You sit for 20 minutes before you get served and then the server is crabby. Like I said give me Salsa's anytime.

Visited April 2012
South Bend, Indiana, United States
“The best frozen margueritas ever!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Hacienda is a place that everyone in the Michiana area choses to visit frequently. Known for their great marqueritas, and drink special. Hacienda has an atmosphere that makes meeting for drinks and dinner fun. Everyone is given a neverending basket of warm chips, accompanied by a nice (not too spicy) salsa , to munch on while you enjoy your drinks. The menu has daily specials, and the food is very good. There is a large selection to choose from, including salads, burgers, as well as, many Mexican dishes. Ole!

Visited April 2012
South Bend
“love the food and price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012

I love going out to eat at Hacienda. They have really good specials on drink and food. In additon you recieve free chips and salsa. The food portion are large and filling as well.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Niles, Michigan
“Don't Go To This Hacienda”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2012

We normally eat at the other Hacienda Restaurants in the Michiana area and have rarely eaten at this one, but this night we were in the area, so we popped in for a late dinner on Mother's Day at 9:00pm. We had an unattentive server named Daniel who frequently allowed our beverages and chips/salsa run dry. Also, my husband ordered his chimichanga to be fried until "crispy", the server presented it pale and soft. While we realize the server doesn't prepare the food, it's his responsibility to make sure the order is presented the way it was ordered. Then he never returned to check on us until the meal was at least 1/3 eaten. He had absolutely disappeared. What was the most disturbing of all were the portions of the meals! Soooooo small! I understand the economy has changed and restaurants may need to cut back, but this was ridiculous. Our rice side dish was literally 2 1/2 forkfulls. I didn't touch mine so that I could show it to the server. When I questioned him about the reduced size of the rice, and the entrees, he reported that the Portage Rd. Hacienda had the most reduced food budget of all of the Haciendas (he was very proud of their accomplishment). I responded by saying that it sounded like the "Corporate office was the only one getting fat because none of us eating at that restaurant were", he just agreed and smiled. I explained that we weren't used to eating at the Portage Rd. Hacienda, but always were served larger portions at all of the other Haciendas. He replied that all of the other Haciendas weren't following the rules to portion out the meals as they should. Then I told him that as a consumer, I want to get the most for my money so, I probably wouldn't return to Portage Rd. Hacienda, he said, "There's nothing I can do for you". "But you could take it up with 'Corporate'". After that he offered to get me "some more rice", but at that point it was a bigger issue than a few more forkfulls of rice, besides I like my food clean and untampered with...if you know what I mean. Why wouldn't this server refer me to a manager to try and make the customer satisfied? Even when I stated that I wouldn't return to the restaurant? Is good customer service dead and gone? It IS at the Portage Rd. Hacienda! Do yourself a favor...go to any other Hacienda and enjoy more than a few forkfulls of food for your money. And if you're lucky enough, you may get a server who wants to give GOOD service to their customers and is concerned about repeat business. Needless to say, the tip left for him reflected the level of service we received. I had to balance the scale somehow. Servers...catch a clue...listen to your customers! Ask a manager to rectify the wrongs and satisfy the customers needs/questions...we don't HAVE to eat there you know!

• Visited May 2012