“Great Brunch” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Mark Dine & Tap is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #68 of 266 Restaurants in South Bend
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Angela
Description: Phone is [574] 204-2767.
Westfield, Indiana
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

We had Sunday brunch on a cold February morning. The Mark was hopping! Full of happy groups eating good food. We were able to select from the regular menu or the special brunch menu. All of our choices were delicious and far more special than anything we have eaten at other restaurants in the area.

• Visited February 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Mark this one on your list”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We enjoyed very good food, higher level prices, and excellent service on our first experience to The Mark Dine & Tap. The service alone will draw our return albeit with knowing the tab will be above average. Every element of our dining experience was exceptional from entering the door, drinks, appetizers, main course and the cake balls for the drive home. We dined at the Mark with our close friends who equally enjoy great fare in wonderful settings and we had zero complaints. Make sure to ask for the Madagascar ground pepper for your salads and such. Due to the busy events around town that weekend we ended up sitting in the bar area which was okay. Our next visit will be better planned where we can enjoy more of the dinning experience in the main front of the house. Very nice place to meet, dine, and relax with friends, family, and colleagues.

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
South Bend, Indiana
“Chicago prices in South Bend! Breakfast menu has 6 items that are way over priced.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

New menu for breakfast has 6 items, way over priced. Many better choices for the value! You are paying for Edy Street location. The basics are nice for breakfast such as eggs, pancakes etc. If you don't want to serve breakfast then open at 10. Updated menu is nice but pricey and a rip off. Greed

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Rochester, Indiana
“Almost a Great meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

We dined here last night for dinner, I made reservation via Open Table, I don't think it was really necessary however. We ate early, they weren't very busy yet. Traffic did pick up during our dinner. We were greeted and seated promptly, we sat in one of the booths against the windows, directly inline with the front door. So every time someone came in you felt a cold blast of air, we were in the third booth back. I will say it was extremely cold and windy that day. The menu is very eclectic, quite a selection to choose from. Our server was very nice and friendly, didn't mention any specials however, and I did over hear the table behind us in a different server section getting explained specials. We did order an appetizer, the Bavarian Soft Pretzels with the Chipotle Cheese Sauce, pretzels were good, sauce was very smokey, but good. My wife ordered the Peanut Chicken Soba Noodle Salad and I choose the build your own burger option. My wife was very happy with her salad, thought she could've maybe used a bit more dressing, as it didn't have a very strong flavor. My burger was good, cooked properly, only complaint was I ordered applewood smoked bacon, caramelized onions, and fried egg on the burger, yet I didn't get the caramelized onions. I pointed this out to the server and she offered to get me some, I declined and ate raw onions that came out with the lettuce and tomato. Our server did take the caramelized onions off of our bill, as each topping is $.75 premium toppings being $1.50 each. All and all it is a good restaurant, plenty of interesting dishes on the menu to warrant a return trip. I would recommend it even. The only downside to Eddy Street Commons is parking, you may have to use the garage or park a few blocks and walk up if you aren't lucky enough to find a spot on Eddy Street.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kent, Ohio
“An Eddy Street favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

We went here for lunch on Friday of a football game. We arrived around 12 and went right into the bar. The staff is always freindly and attentive. The food selection is very good, most of my friends like to get the make your own omlete, I prefer a burger. You just have to get it on the pretzel bun, you're missing out if you don't! It can be very busy there in the evening on Fridays and especially Saturday after the game.