“Really good food!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
Dining options: Reservations, Delivery
“Really good food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

Found this restaurant online and read trough this review column. So we decided to try it out based on all the previous reviews. Turns out food is really good. Service is excellent, and food is very fresh! Atmosphere is average, and is a small place, but would definatley recommend!! Really close to university of ND.

Louisville, Kentucky, United States
“Please don't go here... So I can keep getting in.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

Just to qualify my self, I've eaten Chinese cuisine in a lot of different places. As you might imagine, the food in Hong Kong was exceptional, placing many "Chinese" restaurants in the States in perspective! Susannah Foo's in Philadelphia was another amazing meal. That said, I can safely say that this smallish out-of-the-way Chinese restaurant in a smallish Midwestern town is truly some of the best Chinese food I have ever eaten.

There is not much to add to other reviews: fresh ingredients, friendly service (she really does sit down at your table with you!), and amazing flavors.

My suggestion, don't order from the menu. When Ms. Chen asks what you want, give her some general ideas (We like pork, we don't like shellfish) and let her run with it. We have yet to be disappointed. Two dishes I'd recommend you asking for by name: Pork Belly with Chinese Vegetables (not always available) and Crispy Sea Bass with Black Vinegar Sauce (divine!).

The location is deceptive, the decor is basic (one reviewer said "spartan") but it's clean and comfortable. Dress is casual. Service is pleasant but not stuffy. But the food... the food is amazing!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Erie, Pa.
“Delicious.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

Based on TripAdvisor reviews, we had dinner here while in South Bend. What a treat to have the owner actually sit down with us and talk about what we liked to eat - menu be damned! She'd cook what we liked. Our twelve year old that that was pretty cool. And, the food was delicious. Almond shrimp was great we even received some fresh green beans compliments of the chef. The restaurant itself is small, and average in decor. Don't go for the ambiance - go for the food.

I did think it was a bit expensive, but my wife thought not. There were four of us, and we all had entres, two appitizers, and 4 drinks. I think our bill was 70 bucks.

Give it a try.

• Visited June 2012
warrenville il
“Authentic Chinese Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This is one of the best Chinese restaurant I've been to. The owner was very friendly. Listen to her food recommendation. We had fish w/ vinegar and lamb w/ cumin, homemade potstickers and a beef dish on the house that is similar to orange beef but sooo much better. I even want to go back to south bend just because of this place. Really good!

Visited June 2012
Indiana, USA
“By far the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Decor is pleasant but quite spartan. People come here for the food and Jean's personal stamp she puts on everything. She sits and explains the menu and makes you feel like she is cooking just for you. The recipes are phenomenal. Hot and sour soup among the best I've ever had. Almond shrimp is another favorite. So light but so rich. She also has a greenbean appetizer she is proud of and rightly so. I almost always see one table or more of Chinese students from ND. This is a great local gem.

• Visited May 2012