“awsome hotel” 5 of 5 stars

You added La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend to your Saves list
La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23040 Lincoln Way West, South Bend, IN 46628   |
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in South Bend

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
south dakota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Be very careful checking into this hotel. They have you sign a waiver authorizing them to charge your cc for damages without your consent or even calling you. We checked in late on 5/28/2013 after a long drive. The first room we checked into was not clean.....beds were not made and had been slept in. Garbage everywhere to include dirty diaper. We were moved to another room that had a terrible oder and no towels. Still not very clean but you could tell the had tried to clean it. Floors were dirty, hair on counter. We left at 900 am the next day. I returned home to SD to find they had charged me $200 in addition to room charge. I called to find out why....they said I took a comforter. I stated that I took nothing from the room and asked if it was for the first room they checked us into. They were not sure since I could not remember what room numbers I was in. They said that only I had access to the rooms and it is my problem. They will refund if I return the comforter. I have no use for a used comforter. I told them they should have called me to ask or tell me they were going to charge my account and they said I had signed a waiver authorizing them to charge up to $250 for damages. I asked to the talk to the manager or have manager call me they said I can only email the property. NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!!!!!! They will take advantage of you.

Room Tip: Make sure you look at what you are signing
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Gahanna
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

Called about reserving a room ,it was a bit off beaten path very very close to airport. Huge room with extra space with desk,extra tv chair and couch. All very nice and clean. Pool small but usable along with fitness room. Breakfast typical nothing special. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I got 20 % off coupon on turnpike at rest/gas stop
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

With economic payment, we received a suite like king size room with sofa bed. The rom was divided by the bathroom in the middle and window side with the kingsize bed and living room with another TV on the other side of entrance. Apparently the hotel was recently remodeled, new paint, newly remodeled bathroom, marble countertop, new furnitures and lots of lamps.

There are some details need to be taken care of after the remodeling but I'm extremely satisfied with this place. Employees are ok, not horrible as others may have experienced. The pool is for kids so don't expect lap swim. Only complaint i have is spotty WiFi and the employee didn't or couldn't do anything about it.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
south bend
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This was the most awful hotel I have ever stayed at. Pool closed. No breakfast. Rooms cold. BATHROOM STINKS. Noisy. We came with hockey team and it was a terrible hotel. Anywhere else will be better. We have stayed at many hotels and will never return here. Don't offer your services to teams when you are unable to handle it...................
................................

Room Tip: Go elsewhere...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Lowell
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for a weekend hockey tournament at ND. I had my doubts due to location and outside appearance, but the block of discounted rooms was offered by the tournament holder, and we wanted to stay with the team. We stayed here post-renovation so many reviewers complaints did not apply. There was a cart for our luggage and the lobby appeared decent. The rooms were clean and nicely decorated, with micro, mini fridge, and flat screen. It appeared clean as well. Elevator was a little scary, but I wasn't at the Hilton.

However, at 4:30am the next morning, I was awakened by a pounding on a hotel room door (not mine). Then I proceed to hear an individual on a casual phone conversation, obviously not with whoever is in the room not allowing them back in. I wait. Conversation continues. I got up, opened my door, and ask the girl dressed in what looks like nothing but a coat (yes, I really mean nothing but... ie: "Pretty Woman" no exaggeration) if she would mind continuing her conversation in her room instead of in front of my door. She stated she "lost her room key," to which I let her know I could call the desk for another when she then stated "Well, I don't have a room." I just closed the door and called the desk. Staff came up to the third floor and the guest-who-was-not-a-guest left with her. Smh...

In the morning, I found a dirty coffee pot with no coffee, filters, etc. Nothing but the cups. Easy to overlook, we were planning on eating downstairs anyway. I got downstairs at 7am, breakfast started at 6:30am. There were four people eating when I arrived. There was no milk, so I asked the front desk to refill the milk. She let me know that they were out of milk and bagels. Okay, so I attempt to make a waffle, as I noticed the other patrons were eating waffles. The waffle mix started coming out of the machine super watery. I tried to cook the mix as it was, when the other patrons let me know that it wouldn't really work and they had tried the same. Okay, so not waffle, then. So my choices were mini-donuts from the speedway gas station, or maybe the vending machine, boiled eggs, or toast. The "hot" water for oatmeal was cold, not even tepid.
The hotel was 100% booked on Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. Can the hotel manager not notice he had no stock? Was he unavailable to stop at a store to purchase needed items? for $109.00, I expect something better than what I can purchase at a roadside gas station. Next time, I will stay at the Microtel for a much nicer stay and a hot, decent breakfast; team or no team. I have always enjoyed my stays there.

Room Tip: Stay elswhere.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites South Bend? Share your experiences!