“Sick and disappointed” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
LaSalle Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 241 Restaurants in South Bend
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse, Grill, Healthy
Good for: Doing business, Local cuisine, Large groups, Special occasions, Entertaining clients, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Main
Description: LaSalle Grill is located in Downtown South Bend's oldest commercial building. Built in 1868 as the St. Joseph Hotel, the building has survived over 146 years. Converted to restaurant use in 1991, LaSalle Grill has become an institution in South Bend and the region. We have won the coveted AAA Four Diamond rating for 19 consecutive years, the longest run of any restaurant in Indiana. Our menu is rooted in USDA Prime and Choice steaks cooked over a live hardwood fire, Lamb and Pork chops, locally raised Chicken and Duck, Fresh seafood delivered daily, Vegetarian and Vegan options and seasonal game dishes. We have won the Wine Spectators Award of Excellence for over 17 years and employ the only Certified Sommelier working in a restaurant in the state.
South Bend
“Sick and disappointed”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

I got food poisoning here in December, 2013. Maybe the duckling isn't a popular menu item? No one bothered to refill my water either. At a high-end restaurant, you shouldn't have to ask for a refill.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Susan:

I received a notice about your review and wanted to contact you to apologize for the food and service problems that you encountered at my restaurant last month. I'd like to talk to you about some of the specifics of your visit and see if there is a way that I can make things right for you and any guests that may have dined with you that evening. May I prevail upon you to contact me directly either by e-mail at mark@lasallegrill.com or by my cell phone at 574-532-2800.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Mark McDonnell
Founder and Proprietor
LaSalle Grill

Dowagiac, Michigan, United States
“LaSalle Grill is place that knows your name and is always glad you came.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

LaSalle Grill is a quintessential steak house with excellent steaks, chops and fish. All the usual steak house sides and salads are available like creamed spinach and gorgonzola mac and cheese. The atmosphere is casual chic with a friendly atmosphere that encourages having "a great time". I love the street view of bustling people in contrast to the warmth and intimacy of the restaurant. The wait staff are attentive and will allow you to eat leisurely and enjoy your companions. Thanks to Andrew and Zoran the reception is fantastic and one knows they are welcomed.

• Visited December 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mark M, Owner at LaSalle Grill, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Good afternoon,

Thank you so much for the kind words about my restaurant that you posted on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you and your guests were well taken care of last week. I have shared your review with our staff and have personally congratulated Andrew and Zoran for the roles that they played in making your visit a delight.

Thank you for your patronage, I truly appreciate your business. Feel free to contact me directly at mark@lasallegrill.com or on my cell phone at 574-532-2800.

Best regards,
Mark McDonnell
Founder and Proprietor
New Jersey
“Best meal in South Bend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2013

We narrowed down or choices for our final night in South Bend to a few well-reviewed restaurants on TripAdvisor and settled on LaSalle Grill. SO GLAD we did! It was the most amazing meal of our three-day trip. We did not have a reservation, but arrived around 6:00 PM and were able to be seated. Would definitely recommend making a reservation, though. From the moment we walked in the door the service was impeccable. Our server, CJ, was tops! He answered our many questions about the menu and did not disappoint with his recommendations. I ordered the pan seared sea bass. It was the BEST sea bass I have ever been served in a restaurant! Practically melted in my mouth. A companion loved the bison he ordered. The menu is a little different from night to night, but everything we ordered was amazing!

Visited November 2013
South Bend, Indiana
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2013

La Salle Grill is a great place to go for a nice dinner. Their beef fillet was the best I have had in a long while. The waitstaff is attentive and helpful. They also have amazing desserts, so leave room if you can.

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Mishawaka, Indiana
“Best Place in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Ambience, food, service--all top notch. Menu changes day to day. Fresh ingredients presents in unique cuisine.

Visited October 2013