“Satisfied.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Econo Lodge

You added Econo Lodge to your Saves list
Econo Lodge
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   68 East Rampart Road, Shelbyville, IN 46176 (Formerly Americas Best Value Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shelbyville
Georgia
“Satisfied.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

Very Nice rooms. Working swimming pool and working wifi.
Good price. Changed to econolodge.
We will stay again if in the area.
Works out great with kids with a nice breakfast and a working swimming pool.

Room Tip: Good Breakfast and a working swimming pool makes is pleasant with kids.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Port Byron, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

We stayed at this hotel because the Hampton Inn across the road was full and we had been driving all day and just wanted to stop for the night. The desk clerk was on the phone when we got there and had to wait 5-10 mins. for him to finish his conversation. The hotel itself looked run down and the pool area was closed with paper taped over the doors and windows (possible construction?) First impression was not good but as I said it was Sat. night and after a long day of travel we just wanted to stay somewhere. The room smelled musty. the shower area had what appeared to be black mold on the wall but there was also a black substance on the shower curtain and what appeared to be a black handprint on the wall by the sink so I don't really know what it was. When I pulled down the bedspread the sheet appeared to have some kind of an oily stain on it, although it may have been threadbare I couldn't really tell. I took the sheet to the desk and exchanged it for another one. Had trouble sleeping because of noise from people in the parking lot at some late hour. Short story, unless you are ABSOLUTELY desperate for a room go somewhere else, this place is a disaster.

Room Tip: Pick a room in another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Owner is a thief who can hardly even speak English, so it was hard to resolve an issue. My credit card was charged and they made me pay again in cash once I arrived. I was charged twice and the owner wouldn't listen to me explain or pay attention to the proof I was trying to show him. Had to go through hours of trouble dealing with different people just to get refunded. Still waiting on that refund.

• Stayed August 2013
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked online for the good price, and it turned out very well.....The staff was friendly, and the rooms are kept clean...good wifi signal is always a plus...I plan on staying there every trip to Shelbyville.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

staff is friendly.. but property need some work. carpet by pool is nesty... poor food items.. few items for breakfast.. only 4 or 5 itmes..pool is not working... sign on higway says indoor pool .. really ??

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Demotte, IN.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

This is a hotel I wouldn't recommend to anyone. We noticed a very strong odor when we first opened the door to check in. A strong perfume smell, trying to cover up something. As soon as we walked past what once had been the pool I knew they were trying to cover up the over-powering smell of cholrine. They had newspaper over the windows and you could see under the door the floor was in pebbles. We had to put a towel against the bottom of our door trying to keep the odor out of our room. The walls were dirty, the chain lock was on a angle, the screen was ripped, there were stains on the recliner. I wouldn't walk on the carpet without my shoes. The corners of the floors were dirty.If it wasn't 28 degrees outside, I think I would rather have slept in my Jeep.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I was so tired and got to this place after long drive with my family it look nice from out side,, so thought why not give try. i was right.. Great greeting by Frontdesk guy.. i asked him if i can ck room before i rent he said feel free.. lets ck room.. guess what room was clean and neat.. will stay there next time for sure..

Room Tip: ask frontdesk person to let you ck room... it was clean
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!