“Under construction” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Seymour
Wisconsin
“Under construction”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

The Quality Inn is under construction/remodeling. The lobby tiling was being replaced upon our arrival and the hallway carpeting was being replaced. Workers were on the job until after 6 pm. While I guess I could live with that, it was discovering mouse droppings in the corner of the bathroom floor that most disturbed my wife and me.
Our stop here was a one night stay on our way to our place in Florida.

Room Tip: Hopefully things will improve dramatically once the remodeling has been completed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Twelve Mile, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

This hotel was a 2-star hotel when I looked it up but that is incorrect in all accouts! I read the reviews on this site and decided to try it based on those reviews. I am so glad I did because we had a great time. My young daughters and I were on a mini-vacation to swim, travel a little and just have fun. The girls loved the hotel pool - it was beautiful! The staff was very friendly and helpful - cleaning persons did not speak english but were very nice and understood my hand signals well. Rachel and Dee were the front desk clerks - both very very sweet and helpful. The breakfast was way more than we expected - hot breakfast and very good! Our room was clean and beds were very comfy! Thank you Quality Inn - we had a great time!

Room Tip: Be sure if you are swimming that you ask for a room close to the pool - we had a long hike!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We booked two rooms next to each other while staying with our grandchildren & family. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness of the hotel, fearing the extremely reasonable room rate might lead to a 'dump'. The indoor pool & hot tub were very well maintained. The towels offered at pool side could have been a bit larger and softer....felt like thin sandpaper.The free breakfast was well stocked with a good selection of items, and was in a large, but cozy area with a fireplace in the center. The front desk personnel was always very pleasant and helpful. Our room was clean with plenty of towels, and the bed very comfortable. The entire hotel looked as if it had recently been renovated. We appreciated the fact that it was also "pet-friendly". There was a huge field next to the hotel to walk our dog. A Chili's was right next door---within walking distance, and there were plenty of other restaurants nearby. I couldn't believe how soundproof the rooms were! We never heard our grandchildren crying or their dog barking. The hotel is conveniently located off the main highway, yet we felt as though we were secluded and safe. Don't let the plain outside look fool you...it's a diamond in the rough!

Room Tip: There are only two floors, but no elevator. So if you have a lot of luggage to haul in, you might wa...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Lexington, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

Spent 2 nights at this clean ,quiet, friendly Inn. Was upgraded with a frig, micro & king size bed. Nice walking area for pets. Room was spacious with all the amenities.There were multiple eating establishments in the area. I will stay there again.

Room Tip: Request frig & micro when you make your reservation.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Grand Rapids, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

We stopped at this hotel on our way to New Orleans. This hotel was a great location, and the rate was great. The front desk staff was very nice, and friendly. The room was clean, and the internet worked well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Fletcher, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

From the much-appreciated courtesy at the front desk to the excellent night's sleep that I received, this small town Quality Inn is a gem in an otherwise run-of-the-mill budget chain.

Upon first glance, the place looks like something out of Lego Land, with its unusual (but updated) color scheme and roof. But step inside and you may well be surprised like I was to find a very spacious, comfortable-looking sitting area and an enormous chandelier. While the room had a nice accent wall, the interior of the hotel has a dated (but very clean) look.

The front desk clerk was wonderfully courteous and efficient, as was all of the staff whom I encountered during my brief stay.

My room with king-sized bed was unusually large and I was surprised at the many amenities included: a flat-screen TV, microwave, refrigerator, coffee maker and a nice-sized desk. The shower pressure was excellent and both the bathroom and bedroom were very tidy. Although my room was located somewhat above the main entrance, I heard no noise from the parking lot below. The AC/heat window unit made a consistent, quiet hum that I didn't find obnoxious. The mattress was extremely comfortable.

In keeping with Choice Hotels' larger (and free) breakfast option, there were plenty of eggs, bacon, sausage, yogurts and cereals to choose from.

This Quality Inn property offers exceptional value. Its proximity to numerous restaurants (Chili's, Ryan's, Cracker Barrel, Steak n Shake, etc.) and I-65 (half a mile) bring convenience to a good place to get a restful night's sleep.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Edmore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Stayed here one night was reasonably priced nice clean room, good breakfast,nice staff, really quiet. Will definitly stay here again when in the area. Lots of good places to eat and go shopping. Bed was real good lots of towels soap shampoo everything you need and whirlpool in room was real good.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!