“Adorable” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dessert
Seymour, Indiana, United States
“Adorable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I'm 25 years old and I went here with my husband, my mother-in law and younger sister-in law and we all loved the food! It reminded me of my grandmother who passed away years ago but it brought up so many good and precious memories. The dining area is a bright cheerful place and the gardens around are gorgeous to look at while sitting! The cookies they sell are fabulous and are almost too cute to eat! The elderly man's shop in the back was awesome! He has every LIFE magazine displayed and had collected alot of very old and interesting musical instruments! You could just tell how much he loved talking about them all! I plan to go back soon with my husband and plan to tell many people about this adorable little cafe! I only wish they were open more days of the week!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richard O, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Batar, responded to this review, July 25, 2014
Thank you Sandra for your wonderful review! We are so happy that you enjoyed your visit, and are especially happy about the precious memories that we inspired. Please do come back soon - we'd love to serve you, your husband, and any of your friends again in the near future. Our best to you.

“Lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

It was such a peaceful and beautiful atmosphere. The food was delicious and the shop was charming also. Everyone was very relaxed and friendly.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richard O, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Batar, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Thank you for the "lovely" review, Drsallyc. Our goal is to provide an escape, a relaxing environment for all, including the folks that work here. We hope to see you again soon.
Rome, Italy
“True gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

This is a must-do if you are anywhere near the area. Ask for a window seat and enjoy the sunny, well-maintained natural gardens while you dine. The bakery section is top notch, with in-house goods that are a truly beautiful.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant

New Palestine, Indiana
“Quaint, Lovely, Delightful place to have lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

This is by far one of the best restaurants I have visited and really enjoyed. The food is great, the service is fantastic and the atmosphere is Breathtaking. I had Chicken Salad and it was wonderful, just right and just enough. The waitress was very sweet and attentive and the price was right. I love the flowers and gardens outside and the inside is decorated so uplifting in color and theme. They have a lovely gift shop with lots of tea pots and other items. I would highly recommend. Just East of Seymour on Hwy 50 towards North Vernon, Indiana.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Richard O, Guest Relations Manager at Cafe Batar, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
I shared your comments with the whole team here at Batar, and we wanted you to know that we truly appreciate your positive feedback and are delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us. THANK YOU for taking the time to share your experience, and we hope to see you again!
Seymour, Indiana
“I love Batar!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

I love the food and gift shop. The staff could be friendlier. The food is always good. I have been here on several occasions with my church group and my friends. The atmosphere is the best thing the place has going for it.

• Visited October 2013