“Under construction!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
Tuscaloosa, United States
“Under construction!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013

Most likely will be nice when they get finished. But for now it is dated, and dusty. The tub didn't drain and the water wasn't really warm - kind of tepid. If you have allergies stay away until the construction is finished!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
I am sorry for the construction issues you had while staying with us. Your comfort and safety is our number one concern so I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.
As you could tell we are currently going through renovations and I sincerely apologize if we caused you any inconveneniences. i can assure you that your comments are incredibly important to us and I will definitely take them into consideration.
Again, please accept my apologizes and I do hope that the next time you are in the area you will consider staying at our location again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Portage
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stopped here on way home from Florida. Had a reservation at another hotel in the area but when we saw our room at that hotel, it was so bad we could not stay so we went next door to the Hampton. They were very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was great and would highly recommend this hotel - clean and everything worked great in the room (Internet, heating, etc.) Great place to stay and will stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We look forward to seeing you the next time that you visit our area.
A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

Easy access from interstate. At check in the lady seemed very rushed and unitrested. Not very welcoming. The outside of building was very nice, but the interior was very dated and furniture needed updating.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I thank you so much for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. I do however understand from your review that you had a bad experience with our front desk. I truly apologize if our staff members did not provide you with good customer service. I can assure you that your comments have been taken into consideration and I will personally speak to our staff regarding your comments. Our main priority is for all our guests to feel like they are being well attended and your comments will be taken into consideration to improve our future guests' experience.
Again, please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience you went through and I do hope you give us another opportunity to stay with us the next time you are in town.
Manteno, IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2013

I must have stayed in another hotel than others.... I am a Hilton honors member. I asked for a first floor room near a door. So they gave me fourth floor ( highest floor ) in the middle of the wing. The room was very disappointing Very old décor. Wallpaper falling off the wall. Sink broke. Shower was fiberglass and cracked in multiple places. Rug seemed very dirty. Has to be other options that are better in the area. Don't ask for extra pillows. They say they have none.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback of your stay with us. I appreciate you selecting our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed with some issues at our hotel specifically regarding the cleanliness of our hotel. I am sorry that you found that your room was not cleaned properly and that you were disappointed with the decor and the falling wallpaper. I sincerely apologize that we did not meet expectations and I am actively working with our housekeeping team to ensure our standards of cleanliness and comfort are consistently met. We strive on providing our guests with a clean comforable stay and we will do everything we need to do to ensure that this issue does not occur again. I am always looking for reviews to provide insight into our guests experience and I will keep your review in mind. Thank you again for your feedback and I invite you back to stay with us the next time your travels bring you to our area.
West Lafayette
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

Accommodations were very nice. The room was very clean & there was a great complementary breakfast. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We would definitely stay there again. It is very close to the I-65 freeway.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for your review, and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area.
Glenview, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Stopped here on way to Florida. Pretty much what we expected-very friendly owner, typical included breakfast, fully cleaned bedding which is a big plus. Only negative-made a reservation for six in a room w/ two beds and one sofa pull out. Found only five pillows in the room. Asked for another pillow and none were available. Admittedly, it was very late, but there should have been enough pillows for everyone to have one. Otherwise, it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed March 2013
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your review, this helps us to identify items that are helpful to us and our staff.
We look for forward to seeing you the next time that you visit our area.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

The front doors scared me as you walk up, they open out automatically. The place is clean that's not the problem. The decor is trapped somewhere between country duck blue and a mix of stately wood look.
I am assuming that Betty is family or the owner because she is not very friendly nor is she your standard "hello welcome to Hampton" employee.
In stark contrast the gentlemen who is in charge of the great breakfast bar makes up for the miss match decor and almost for the sub standard customer service provided at check in.
Gold Hampton card holder here

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for your review of our hotel. we always appreciate hearing from our guests including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I thank you very much for selecting our hotel. I do however understand that you were disappointed that some of our staff members lacked the good customer service you've come to expect from us. In addition I am sorry if you were not impressed with our decor. Our main priority for our guests is to have a good impression of our property and I apologize if we did not deliver this for you.
I apologize if you went through any inconveniences and I hope you give us another chance to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area, please know that we value your business and will work hard to earn your trust once again.

Been to Hampton Inn Scottsburg? Share your experiences!