“Great place to pull over!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Double Points
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Scottsburg
“Great place to pull over!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012 via mobile

Perfect place to pull over for the night. Fast food chains close by. Rooms are clean. Love that the duvet covers are washed for every guest.

• Stayed July 2012
Hampton64, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Thank you for your review of our hotel. We hope to see you again on your next visit to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Athens, Ga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2012

The lobby here is nicer or more up-to-date that some Hampton Inns. However, we detected the smoke smell as soon as we stepped off the elevator onto the 4th floor. Walking the hall I noticed all the rooms had No Smoking tags on them. Entering our room (419), it was clear someone had smoked in the room and the hotel had tried to clean it up. My wife happened to talk to the people in 417 and they reported the same thing. When she mentioned it to the front office staff, the response was a terse "that's a no smoking floor".

We're running the AC full blast but it's not working terribly well. I expect it will cool down in a couple hours and push out some of the odor, but by then we'll be asleep.

Won't stay here again and can't recommend it to non-smokers until the hotel does a better job of remediating the smoke damage.

Can't comment on breakfast, etc. Writing this in the room before bed and don't expect to stick arond in the AM.

Room Tip: If you are non smoker and plan to stay here stay off the 4th floor.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank You for taking the time to share your feedback about our hotel. We apologize for the bad smell during your stay. We understand that travel is very important and try to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

I arrived to this hotel very late, past 2:00am. I was so exhausted, and happy to have finally made it after 13 hours of driving. I was greeted by a friendly woman, and she had everything ready for me so I didn't have to wait while she checked me in. However, when I got to the room the door was wide open. I thought this was very strange, but I went into the room to find no one there. There was a post-it note on the bed saying the sheets were cleaned, also uncommon but hey at least I knew they were fresh. The bathroom however looked like it hadn't been cleaned from the previous guest. There was soap scum all around the sink/mirror, and the toilet also was not clean. Had I not been so tired from the long drive, I would have gone down to the front desk to complain. The bed was comfortable, and the room was adequate. Overall the hotel had good, and bad points. I used my rewards from Hilton, so the room didn't cost me anything. For that price, I'd stay again but if I had to pay I'd probably go elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Hampton Inn Scottsburg, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
Thank you for your feedback. We regret we were not able to provide you with the dining experience you expected. We are constantly updating our menu offerings and your comments will help us improve in this area. We also would like to apologize for the experience you had and we will address those issues to ensure nothing less than exceptional service going forward, we hope you will consider staying with us the next time you are in the area.
Gainesville, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

The rooms were not ready when we arrived at 4:05 pm. Had to wait until 4:30 with two little dogs, an old lady and child in 106 degree temp for rooms. Once we got in the rooms the toilet did not work in one of them and had to change rooms. Hot Tub is not working.....really the inconvenience of it all does not impress me. If I didn't have such a long drive, I would not stay here. Will not stay at any Hampton Inn again. Can't even get a beer because this hotel is located in a dry county....really?

Room Tip: Pick another Hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Thank You for your feedback in regards to the issues you encountered while at our hotel. I've worked with our maintenance team to fix these issues, however I apologize that they weren't resolved sooner. We have also addressed both our front office staff and housekeeping team to make sure that all rooms are prepared when they should be. Therfore our guest can check in at the time they expect. Thank you again for your review and I invite you to stay with us again the next time you return to the area.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

My family and I recently stayed on our way home to Chicago from SC. Comparing this property to the other two hotels we stayed at on our trip it wasn't as updated or modern. We reserved a non smoking room but when we walked to our room I noticed it didn't have a "no smoking" symbol on the door and the corridor smelled of smoke. I didn't even go in the room but went to talk to the front desk host. She said all of the rooms were non smoking but very kindly moved us to a different room that she said had never been a smoking room.

If you are looking for a clean room with a friendly staff, this property is for you. If you are looking for something a little more modern I suggest staying elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2012
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

The lobby is very attractive. Rooms are decorated nicely. The double beds are not queen-sized, but actual double beds, a bit crowded for families. Breakfast was excellent! Staff very helpful. The pool is small. Workout room has a lot of equipment in it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Traverse City, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

As in our previous visit, we enjoyed the exceptionally tasteful interior decor, the well-appointed rooms, and the truly dog-friendly staff. We recommend it for a more complete breakfast, including a delicious mix of scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese. The dining area if reflective of that extra attention to inviting, comfortable decor. A local company was holding a conference during our recent stay, and the campus was at full capacity. The service remained warm and gracious. The elevator made easy business of staying upstairs with a dog and a lot of baggage! We had a lovely suite, which was all that was available, and worth the additional cost.

Room Tip: Flow through lobby a plus. Easy access from the parking lot regardless of where one's room is.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn Scottsburg? Share your experiences!