We stayed here for Superbowl weekend in Feb. 2012. This was one of the few hotels in Indiana that didn’t gouge guests (although it was about 90 mins away from Indianapolis). All in all, it was a great deal.
The room was a little on the small side. The TV was a small tube (non-HD); it’s amazing to me how many hotels don’t have flatscreen TVs these days. Not a lot of amenities (e.g., no lotions, no mouthwash, no fridge, no on-site restaurant). A/C-heater was one of those box devices; not a thermostat. But it worked fine. Lots of lighting in the room, which was very clean.
Location is fantastic: 30 seconds off of I-65 (even though you’re so close to the highway, the noise was non-existent), 24-hour Walmart and many restaurants within a mile.
Breakfast buffet was outstanding—nice automatic pancake maker, eggs, muffins, yogurts, cereal, biscuits, juice, etc. All free. My one complaint was that it ends so early (9:30 weekdays/ 10 weekends). However, we came about 10 minutes late one day, and a very friendly hotel worker brought back out all of the food for us. In fact, all of the staff were very friendly.
Indoor pool was nice, though a little cool (no hot tub). Gym is a little small but open 24 hours.
For some reason, we did not get housekeeping service one of the three days—and the front desk wasn’t particularly upset when we informed them.
Parking is plentiful and free.
Bottom line is this hotel was ~$80 superbowl weekend, where Econolodges were charging $700/night. It’s not the 4 Seasons, but an outstanding deal for the price they charge. Absolutely would recommend this hotel for a traveler in the area.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsburg Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Scottsburg Hotel Scottsburg
- Holiday Inn Scottsburg
- Scottsburg Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsburg is located off I-65, exit 29, & St. Rd. 56. Only 35 minutes north of Louisville, KY & 80 miles south of Indianapolis, IN. While in Scottsburg, be sure to visit the Scottsburg Jamboree for a night of live music, spend the day at the Salem Motor Speedway, or shop at several antique malls. Other nearby attractions of the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsburg include Clifty Falls State Park, Hubert Orchard & Winery, and Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park-Six Flags. If visiting Scottsburg on business, several companies including Pepsi, Austin Tri Hawk,Multi-Color, Gen-Pak, Hyosung, Pillsbury, Jay Packaging, Kimball, STAR Forms, and Cerrowire are near by. Enjoy traditional rooms with a king or 2 double beds or our suites, featuring a kitchenette with microwave, refrigerator, pullout sofa sleepers & whirlpool bathtubs are also available. The Presidential suite features a separate sleep area with king bed, large whirlpool bathtub, sitting area, a kitchen area with full-size refrigerator, microwave, & coffeemaker. You can relax in the indoor heated pool or grill out on the patio at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Scottsburg. You can also use our on-site fitness center, guest laundry, and free high-speed Internet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Express and Suites Scottsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.