“Lounge” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Lounge”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

I ordered Scallops. They were cold and average when I got them. They could have been seared a little longer. I am not always good about sending food back. I still would go back again. we were with a very large group so I am sure getting 10 dinners done at the same time is a great feat. The waitress was wonderful.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Crown Point, Indiana
“Great local pub!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

We have been going here for years...traditional "old school" pub with good food. We typically go for the all you can eat Crablegs or fish. Occasionally crab is a bit suspect but 90% of the time it cannot be beat. Great value and great food.

Visited March 2013
Cedar Lake, Indiana
“Ok Local Place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Went on a Friday for the fish, which was pretty good. The place smells of dampness. Old dingy carpet is probably the culprit. If you can put up with some dingy odors, the food is worth it.

Visited February 2013
Crown Point, Indiana
“Not what I was told”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

We recently moved to Crown Point from Chesterton and I was told Schererville Lounge had great seafood and shellfish. I was misinformed. Of course my family went on AYCE night because we love seafood. Each item that was brought out was a step down from the previous round. The fish had very little taste & the steamed crab legs were nearly ice cold. The only item that was warm was the drawn butter. The service was cold too yet efficient. The server explained to us that things were going down hill because the owner is cheap. That is not what I needed to hear.
After explaining my experience to my friends who referred us, they told us they hadn't been there in 4 years. Thanks friend.
One star was my initial thought but the efficient & honest service bumped it up a notch.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Horrible”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

First, they bring this horrible potato soup out which was cold.......then we tell are waitress we don't want it.......then she brung my food my chicken was purple nd had a lot of fat on it she had told me that they had the best chicken.....so I tld her that I didn't like the chicken and she got a attiude and start explaining how I should have told her that when she got my food...I told her I wanted 2 talk 2 the manger nd she said she would get the owner I said okai and he said everyone loves our chicken but I will take some off the bill which was $37 check and he took 5.50 off.... and my mom had crab legs and they were dryed all the way out

• Visited April 2013