“I wouldn't say Golden by any means.” 1 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #67 of 83 Restaurants in Schererville
Cuisines: American
Cedar Lake, Indiana
“I wouldn't say Golden by any means.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

I have gone to this particular restaurant several times and each time I swear never again. This time I mean it. Poor service mediocre food at best and the stench in the bathroom eeeew. I just can't understand why their parking lot is full all the time.
I'm pretty sure that their handwashing policy needs to be checked into.

• Visited November 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Banff National Park, Canada
“Great Variety”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a lunch time pit stop while traveling through and turned out to be the best choice. Our server (Billy Jean) was a very warm person and engaged with everyone. Billy Jean where's my hug { inside joke } We had lots of choices of hot & cold food all of what we tried was very tasty and done perfectly. For a buffet restaurant, this has a great value (Lunch) Great food & excellent staff. We will be back!

• Visited September 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Crete, Illinois, United States
“Hmmm ... We must find a different Golden Corral”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Having not been in quite a while and wanting to see what all of the hype surrounding the Wing & Ribs special was all about based on advertising, we decided to go. The attitude of the help at the register was somber at best. Once in, we examined the food bar and initially could not find the Wings and Ribs. We decided to find a place to sit and to our surprise, most of the tables in the area we selected had not been wiped off properly. While looking for a table, one of the workers approached us and asked us for our tray being used to carry our drinks. He stated, he did not feel like going to the font to get a tray, so he wanted ours. He followed us until we found some suitable seating, eventually. Now off to the plates and utensils. Many of the dishes, especially the silverware, were not as clean as I would have liked; however, I made it to some suitable dishes. I finally found the wings and they were OK. Similarly, the ribs were OK. The sides were OK. The food was just OK.

During our dining experience, several tables of people completed their meals and left. It took an extremely lengthy amount of time before another women, who I had not seen in our area, came to clean the tables, while the woman that was in our area meeting, greeting, and passing out cards was content with doing simply that. Overall, it was not a very refreshing experience and we will not be returning to this Golden Corral.

• Visited July 2013