“Great burgers!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Delivery
Description: SmashMouth is in your face food with no short cuts. SmashMouth restaurants are fast and casual but they’re not “fast food” as we know it. That’s because the meals at SmashMouth are healthy and hearty; the recipes are creative and craveable. As the team in the kitchen prepares each meal, individually made to order just the way you want it, you begin to anticipate the experience that lies ahead. In each open-air restaurant the aromas from the kitchen soon have guests’ sense of smell rockin’ and their taste buds watering. And the atmosphere at SmashMouth is part of the experience. Our goal is to serve up top-notch food without top-notch stuffiness. A fun atmosphere and freedom of choice are what guests get when they walk in the doors of SmashMouth, second only to a delicious meal.
Schererville, Indiana
“Great burgers!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

This place cooks up one of the best burgers in NW Indiana. The service is fast, food is delicious, and the prices are spot on. If you're looking for ambience, you will not find it here, but if you're looking for a great burger or a place to watch the game, this is your place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Carolyn B, Owner at SmashMouth Burgers & Pizza, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Thanks so much for your review of SmashMouth Burgers and Pizza. Great service, reasonable prices and amazing food is our #1 goal every day. It means a lot that you enjoyed it... and recommended us -)

Saint John, Indiana
“To much food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

The flashing lights at night are enough to send you into a spasam. The fries were not my idea of good. Very greasy. The presentation was good. The burger was 8 oz of large. I couldn't eat it all. I will not return.

Visited January 2013
Carolyn B, Owner at SmashMouth Burgers & Pizza, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Sorry to hear you did not love your meal, Kris. We do have smaller burgers including a 1/4 pound burger served with fries as a lunch special Mondays through Thursdays. We also have mini burgers- 2 oz. patties, available a la carte or in multiples. Our fries are hand cut so they are very different than other fries- if you decide to give us a 2nd chance we'd love to introduce to you to our hand cut potato chips (called Crazy Tators). They'd probably be more up your alley. We do hope to see you again and would love the chance to win you over -)
“Smashmouth's flavor is too unique to explain... But I'll try.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

I just saw that Smashmouth has been under-reviewed. First of all I love their bistro sauce they put on their burgers, I usually ask for an extra side of it to dip their handcut fries and my burger in. I love the meal options, often I will sub their house salad for the French fries at no extra charge. Their lime vinagarette is awsome and like their bistro sauce homemade. My wife loves their veggie pie. If I'm in the mood for something different I'll get their brisket sandwhich except I'll have theme cook it in their BBQ sauce( that is also homemade) and put mozzarella on top. One of the best beef brisket sandwiches I've had and I've had quite a few. It's definitly worth trying I usually stop by a couple times a month. Their sliders are awsome too!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Tucson, Arizona
“Pricey and average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

Stoped in today just because it had an assocaction with Big Brother, I guess that was the first mistake. The food was over priced and some what disappointing, when you pay over twenty bucks for two sandwiches they better be real good. I had the Italian Stallion on ciabatta bread and have to admit it being good, the spouse had the brisket sandwich and she was sorely disappointed. The brisket was dry, might have been sitting in the chaffing pad a tad long. With these prices I hope they start checking the quality of their product or they will have a short life. The resturant is located in a strip mall and doesn't stand out to passing traffic, the dining room was clean with the cashier jumping on cleaning the tables as soon as they were vacated.

Munster, Indiana
“We miss Joe!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

Nothing made me more sad than when Joe left the restaurant. He was the old owner. The new owners have tried to keep it the same, but without Joe's recipes and flare, the restaurant is forgettable.

• Visited May 2012