“Cute place, unfriendly staff” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 16 things to do in Santa Claus
O'Fallon, Illinois
“Cute place, unfriendly staff”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We decided to make a weekend of or trip to Santa Claus IN and Holiday World. We arrived late afternoon and checked into our rental. Our first stop was the Santa's Candy Castle. I had read so much about it and was so excited to finally take my kids. The actual store is cute, but it was smaller than I had pictured. One of the items we read about said you could find out if you were on Santa's naughty or nice list. We entered a room with computers and said we needed a code. After a few minutes we decided to ask one of the cashiers. He snapped at us, saying "You buy them over here for $6." I was thinking, "Ok, sorry I asked!" At that point I was kind of ready to move on, but my oldest daughter wanted to try one of their many varieties of popcorn. She was having trouble deciding so I asked if they had samples. The cashier was not pleased and let me know it. I felt like her eyes were shooting daggers right through me. She was extremely unfriendly as well. The two cashiers that were working were both making rude comments to each other and just acting very odd. I have no idea if all the employees act like this or if we just came on a bad day. We quickly moved on to The Christmas Store in Kringle Place. EXCELLENT! If you only have time to visit one, make sure you stop there and skip the Santa Candy Castle. I might try stopping by again if we are in the area, but I will cross my fingers that they have new, friendlier, employees!

Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Yummy candy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013 via mobile

Great little candy shop. We spent about 20 minutes looking around. The place has a great layout but is not utilized to its fullest potential. Each room could be a different type of candy like a taffy room, a fudge room, a hard candy room. The fudge was fantastic!

Russellville, Kentucky
23 attraction reviews
“Cute place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Just stopped by, because it looked interesting. Little pricey, but lots of different kinds of candy and Christmas books, and computer center for kids. Worth a stop, just to look!

Illinois
10 attraction reviews
“Go for the frozen hot chocolate!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Stopped by Santa's Candy Castle with the family to check it our before we left and while it was very neat, it really wasn't what I expected. I thought there would be more candy. All different kinds. It was mainly homemade chocolates and popcorn. They were a bit pricey on their confections.

I also though it would be cool when we saw the table of computers for the kids to get to talk to an elf at the North Pole but it cost almost $7 for an access card. (On sale from $9). I understand the admission was free but almost $7 for an interactive experience? I don't think so.

Also, all the interactive candy machines were not working when we were there. The kids wanted to put the quarters in them to see how they worked but not a one of them was on.

I do recommend getting a frozen hot chocolate. It was delicious! It tasted just like hot chocolate only cold. We made the mistake of getting just one to share. Next time we will know better. It was like four small children fighting over who was going to get the next drink.

Visited May 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Fun Time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

We stopped by Santa's Candy Castle not knowing what to expect. My three year old son had a great time! The person who was working while we were there was super nice and helpful. My son "talked" to an Elf via a chat on the internet and loved it. He was put on Santa's good list and got a certificate for it. The frozen hot chocolate was very good. I highly recommend it. Lot's of Christmas story books for sale at very good prices. There is also a room with Halloween items. Next time we are in Santa Claus we will be back at Santa's Candy Castle!

Visited May 2013